The true key to world peace

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Kush Lord, Jan 11, 2009.

1. #1 Kush Lord, Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2009
    once everyone as individuals can realize that we are all a part of this world equally and that nobody is below or above eachother, it could be the beginning of world peace. This is a truth that is deep within our roots, and I believe mankind is slowly and ultimately coming to this realization.

This way nobody will treat others as though theyre superior, less conflicts, people will be considerate and respectful towards others, less fearful and accept themselves as a part of this life. We will begin to see the similarities between us. Mankinds suffering is caused because they've forgotten this aspect of life, a lot of it is due to pride, hate, jealousy, fear...its getting to a point where mankind is deeply feeling the effects. This is natures way of telling us to wake up. "Universal consciousness" might have something to do with it in my opinion.

2. COMMUNIST

2nd paragraph, Anarchist

3. how does this have anything to do with communism? this is about something beyond that, it is not even an idealogy, it is a truth of nature. What makes you think your existence is above anyone elses? why should anyone think theyre above you?

4. i can say with great certainty that these realization youre talking about will ocur, are occuring, and the world for at least another millenium will enjoy complete harmony and utopia for the first time since the first age of atlantis.
    this is what 2012 is about. not plain destruction but destruction of the old ways and an introduction to love and peace.

labels gotta go too.

5. I will be sure to be active on this forum during 2012. It will be fun. I predict I will be laughing at all the disappointed crazies, but perhaps it will be you that gets to laugh at me! We'll see. :D

6. i sure hope so, but i dont see any reason to laugh...

7. :eek:

Sacrilege!

8. wolrd peace would be too booring, and war is just so industrious, i say let the strong survive and the weak die.

9. Are you being sarcastic?

10. #10 Mr. bojangles, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
    The best way for the human race to endure is to let the most able genes contunue, if we just babied everyone, wed de-evolve and overpopulate and then get taken over by ruthless badass aliens.

and war is a pretty damn good screening process, not to mention all the reaserch that has improved all of our lives which was developed under the pressures of war.

man is a waring creature, so if you want to try to be something your not, or to controll the minds of all men to be something their not, youd be quite unethical and amoral *spits on ground* yep

like communism, world peace looks good on paper*-edit

11. FUCK WORLD PEACE the second world peace truely happens the world wil be fucked right over how can you have these millions of people dying of violent crimes today live anohter 50 years we already are on the verge of a population crisis and i no it sucks to say but world peace wouldnt do shit ok yea people stop killing each other but then what happens? just think of the reprocussions world peace will never happen we might stop the US wars but u cant stop these israel and palistinian type shit for land

12. I believe PEACE is an impossible and aweful dream. Strife is very important in the world, war is even more vital to the advancement of technology.

Think of all the countless things we would of never had if there was never military warfare just in the last 2000 years, Computers, cellphones, vehicles, microchips, microwaves, televisions, radios, penicillin, pain killers, hospitals, you fucking name it, every single sting of modern technology owes it's direct being to military conflict.

Even medicine and modern science are a direct result of dire military conflict. Fuckit, It's the only thing that drives human advancement man, so please, dont tell me about world Peace. I WANT WAR BABY!!!! ( So long as i'm miles away from the conflict blazing a blunt on my stool on my front porch, i'm good :smoke: lol )

13. #13 Zylark, Jan 13, 2009
    I don't see world peace and harmony happening anytime soon. We are still too deeply rooted in our national/religious fault-lines of interest.

The two major obstacles are prosperity discrepancies and religious fundamentalism. That last part can loosely be translated as islam.

Whilst resource and prosperity discrepancies is solvable within rational means (though not excactly on the horizon), islam is and will continue to be a very disturbing force against any semblance of global unity.

Before we reach any such point, where humanity on a whole thinks of itself as a unity on this boat we call earth, the corrosive totalitarian ideology of islam will lead us down a path of conflict that may very well result in genocidal measures as the fronts harden. Not least here in Europe, where patience is wearing very thin with an ever increasing muslim population that seem unable to integrate, and make more and more demands on our culture as they gain a higher proportion of the demographics.

There is a shift in policies going on right now in europe, from leftist delusinal multiculturalism (the idea that all cultures deserve respect. Not just the ones that merit it), towards a realization, long preached by the right, and now sinking in at the left as well (after the cartoon debacle amongst others) that islam and western culture is quite simply incompatible.

Within 10-15 years, I think we will see mass deportations from Europe of non-integrated fundie islamists. It will coincide with the modern world getting off the excessive oil addiction. Once you remove the funding of islamic states, you remove their leverage. Which gives the developed world an opportunity to show the islamic world where their ideology of world dominance, barbaric ethics, cruel traditions and aspirations of subjucation and enslavement of socalled infidels belongs, the scrapheap.

My only wish, is that this ongoing transition of awareness will happen without us falling into the hands of dangerous demagouges as the fronts harden between the indigenous population (and naturalized immigrants), and the non-integrating islamic paralell societies/ghettoes.

14. Excess people will die somehow. Starvation is a likely fate. But, if the population grows enough so that people in developed countries are starving, it seems likely that those countries will go to war for food.

I conclude that world peace is impossible without either:
    1) some utopian enough-food-for-everybody-forever system (which violates the laws of physics)
    2) forced birth control

Does it count as world peace when humans are extinct?

15. #15 Jakigi, Jan 13, 2009
    You're an idiot. You sound like Hitler, seriously. Read his book, Mein Kempf. I can't believe fools like you still exist.

War is not a screening process. You're a waste of life. War is waged by powerful individuals seeking more power. Can you imagine all of the beautiful minds humanity has destroyed through war? How about all the ideas that were never given the chance to exist because people in power put societies in poverty. Overpopulation is a serious problem, but it can be remedied through a bit of awareness and education.

Power is not intelligence. If anything, seeking power is stupidity. Instead of focusing our efforts in providing a better future and present for us all, we're focused on who controls the most of the present. (More educated people means a better society).

The world is so fucked up because of your clueless, heartless mentality. How are we evolving because of our selfishness? If anything, we're devolving because if it. Get a clue.

Fuck world peace? Fuck you. Am I the only person that sees a different solution to overpopulation problems? WTF! Killing people isn't necessary. We just need to come to an understanding that we need to limit our offspring. Easy! No one has to die! WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. The rapid advancement of technology was because it was funded!! The "thrones" figured out another way to gain power... technology! What if we didn't have thrones to serve to begin with?! WHAT IF... WAIT ON IT... we focused all of our resources on technology, and didn't have to give it to royal banking institutions and corporations!

I am blown away by you people. What the fuck?

16. #16 Jakigi, Jan 13, 2009
    To all of you that say peace is impossible. To all of you that say greed and selfishness is a part of human nature.

I agree to some extent. Realistically, peace isn't going to be here in the near future, that's obvious. But.... greed and selfishness is only as natural in humanity as it is in yourself. Can't you control that? Any individual can deter selfishness and greed within themselves. Humanity can too. I wish we had a chance to do society over again... a reset. Once, if ever, humanity focuses it's efforts towards the tribe... sees the bigger picture... damn, what an amazing place.

Oh... and to answer the title of this thread... Iroically, we're going to need a violent revolution (to get rid of the kings and queens in corporations and banks) and societies willingness to rise up against selfishness. Basically, we're going to need to view selfishness like murder.

17. This is not easy. If it were easy we'd have done it already. People want to have kids. Evolution doesn't actually work teleologically, but you could say that having kids is the only point to our existence. We exist solely because we are good at having kids. It's hard-coded into our brains.

Sure, it's possible everyone on Earth might suddenly go "oh, hey, if everyone has kids, we'll have overpopulation, so I shouldn't have kids." But it sure ain't easy to make them realize that.

Even if everyone realized the first part (just "oh, hey, if everyone has kids, we'll have overpopulation"), you still have the free rider problem. If everyone else but me stops having kids, my two kids won't make the world overpopulated. If everyone else doesn't stop having kids, the world will be overpopulated anyway and my two kids won't make it any worse.

The traditional solution to the free rider problem is force. As in, forced birth control, or forced payments for extra kids (like in China), etc.

18. Yes, funded by military Motives

:confused:

19. #19 Jakigi, Jan 13, 2009
    You see.... it is easier to make money if you have money. It is my opinion that wealth has been hoarded for a long time. Corporations and banking institutions are modern forms of royalty. Many goods that corporations provide are necessities. Can you buy a home without a bank? Realistically, can you start your own bank or corporation? Do you think.. for the most part.. financially successful institutions are created from the funds of already-wealthy groups? And those institutions' profits are transferred to the original investor..

Warfare is another big business. Who produces arms? Why are we fighting wars?.... because people make money off of them. Instead of giving these groups money... why can't we give that to humanity?

20. True.. it isn't easy. That is a stupid comment I made. But it needs to be "forced". I wouldn't mind having a limit of two kids for the good of the species, would you? We obviously can't produce til extinction. It seems obvious to me. It is just something people have to do for society... like not killing, stealing etc.