The top 5 reasons Obama won't legalize marijuana

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Zenneson, May 8, 2010.

1. I got to number three, which is incorrect. The majority of Americans do not favor legalization of marijuana. 80 percent, roughly, favor medical marijuana, while 40-something percent favor full legalization.

2. Sorry this is really off topic but i like the quote from plato in your sig. A pretty good philosophy when kickin it with people

3. #4 Herb., May 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2010
    There's no reason other than one that Obama will not legalize marijuana. And this reason is because he can't. He doesn't make laws.

Every person and every poster and every article like this is a fine show of how dumb the society in America has become. It shows they don't know how the system works. It shows they don't know how the system is supposed to work. It shows they think we have a monarchy for government. And it shows they are uneducated in marijuana legalization, themselves.

Oh dear. "What a wasted read," I thought as I went up to the last page and reason five which says "He does not want this to define his presidency as the first black president."

This is his top priority. It is why he ran in the first place. It is why he was voted for. It is why he is president. He only wants to keep that motivated. Not through marijuana legalization, even though it isn't his choice, but through tyrannic Health Care.

4. Despite what's happening in Cali and a few other states, I'm skeptical we'll ever see legalization at the federal level. There are too many government resources, jobs, and dollars invested in keeping it illegal for them to throw in the towel. And what about all the folks who have served or are now serving time for marijuana related offenses? What could they say to them? It's too much crow for the federal government to eat. The best we can hope for is that the feds focus their enforcement on the hard stuff and large scale trafficking and leave marijuana legislation up to the states. Even that's a bit of a pipe dream since the Republicans still have a hard on for marijuana and the Democrats don't seem too keen on allowing the individual states any more sovereignity than they have to.

On a side note, I was channel surfing the other night and stopped to listen to Hannity for a minute because the topic of conversation was marijuana legalization. Hannity and his guest were going back and forth about alcohol vs. marijuana and Hannity said he wasn't comfortable with legalization because (to paraphrase) "you can have couple drinks and not be impaired but if you smoke marijuana you will be impaired." What a tool.

5. Just because the President doesn't physically write the laws, doesn't mean he has no part in the legislative process. On top of that, US presidents wield enormous amounts of power and if Obama or any other president really wanted to, they could take drastically influence the prohibition situation..

Doesn't Richard Nixon's administration get credit for creating the "war on drugs". How can this be? The president has no power in writing laws, right? :rolleyes:

6. Definitely and obvious not alluding to something so minor and obvious. It happens but the president simply cannot stand up and say, I decide to legalize Marijuana federally and it be done. Even if he could propose something like that, it isn't his decision to make.

7. It's obvious your letting the president off the hook. Why? I can only speculate.

8. The main factor you guys seem to be forgeting is our debt. We realley can't continue the prohbition of marajuna even if we wanted to.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Why does everyone overlook this?! almost 13 trillion isn't a small number

$41,920 debt per citizen and 117,800$ debt per Taxpayer Wow fuck that

9. Tyrannic health care? Really?
    Besides the fact that tyrannic is not even a word... what the hell?

10. Those in charge don't see "legalizaton" as a viable solution. Besides, without MJ crime, the private jails would go bankrupt and then we'd be bailing them out too.....

11. #12 Herb., May 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2010
    Oh, I know. And the Health Care bill is going to crush the deficit and put us in a doubled debt, without a doubt. At this rate, legalizing Marijuana will be the only thing that will get us back down to the debt we're in now after they go and double it. This is only the first year too. He has three more ridiculous years of useless, communist aimed bills that cost us ungodly amounts.

That's all if we don't fall into a depression because of it though.

Get off the Firefox spell check and get a vocabulary before you come to me with that. I don't make up words.

Tyrannic is the adjective of tyranny.

Tyrannic - being or characteristic of a tyrant or tyranny.

So, yes, I believe it is tyrannic. If you want to get into that, private message me. This isn't the place.