The Toothpaste Theory...

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by MisterWhyte, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Wtf? Isn't the toothpaste that's ADA approved good for your teeth? Why would dentists and such recommend this... It's all part of personal hygiene. I also wear deodorant everyday of my life like whaaaat why would I want to smell like shit? I don't know about you but that's considered dirty where I'm from.. But to each their own I guess.....

2. I just don't even know what to say to this...:rolleyes:

You deodorant contains aluminum which has been linked to breast cancer. Dentists recommend toothpaste just like doctors recommend prescription pills.

The food that you eat? It contains growth hormones which generally fuck up your body. "Oooohhh but it's approved be the FDA!" That doesn't mean shit! They just want to make money!

High Fructose Corn Syrup? Yeah that's why everybody is fat. Just because it's approved by some government association doesn't mean it's good for you.

3. Some people can handle the aluminum, some can't. I have family members who are allergic to detergents, so they can't use normal soap.

Back in the 1800's people used Lye soap (now that stuff was nasty, it could burn a fingernail off).

I've been drinking stuff with the High Fructose Corn Syrup in it all my life and I'm not fat. But there are plenty of people who it will make fat.

The ADA does make a lot of bullshit moves, but it's not an evil organization. I say make smart decisions, if you have a history of breast cancer, then don't use deodorant with aluminum in it.

An interesting point from the book "The Grapes of Wrath." Near the end, after the family has lived at one of those campgrounds for migrant workers, he recalls the showerhouse there: he says that he never smelled himself stink before he started taking a shower every day. After taking a shower every day for a few weeks straight, then he would smell an odor coming off himself after a few days without one.

I wonder how many hippies just think they don't smell?