The Toothpaste Theory...

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by MisterWhyte, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Is my theory that most products we use to maintain our health and hygiene, are in fact detrimental to our health if they do anything at all. I've started working on completing and 'thoroughlizing' this theory since I read an article in a book on how toothpaste is mostly water, aside from binding agents, cleaning agents, bleaching agents, and of course flavor, most of which are bad for your teeth, and how one can get teeth just as clean by brushing with only water. We're now hooked for life (literally) on products such as toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, etc, when there are easy, natural, and most importantly free ways of maintaining our health.

2. There is nasty shit in deodorant man. I am going to look for a report I read a few months back but...fuck it's gross.

3. #3 PositiveAttitudeMachine, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
    Hemp Clothing Products, Organic Cotton Linens

All natural (mostly hemp) products such as clothing, foods and body&care products such as deoderant.

Sorry if this is against the rules, but it is a great site. I have purchased many things from it and have been nothing short of satisfied

4. I know, and we don't need it, yet people use it every single day and will do so for the rest of their lives.
    All the terrible chemicals including aspartame in most teeth whitening chewing gums, and chewing gum in general.
    We're basically paying companies a yearly salary (because we constantly re-supply on these products) for deteriorating our health.

5. This makes me feel good about having never used deodorant in my life.
    +1 for laziness.

I also enjoy my natural pheromone. Its like when you release a really stinky fart you can't help but breathe in your aroma and think to yourself "Damn I made that? *FFFFFSssss* Yea that shit stinks!"

I think its our old ape ways.

6. #6 MisterWhyte, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
    I plan to make a documentary about this :O
    Hopefully to get people to boycott companies like Old Spice, Crest, Bic, etc

7. Some fun bits of info I just pulled off of wikipedia regarding some of the main ingredients in commercial toothpastes:

Sodium fluoride

lethal dose for humans is 5-10g

toxic by both inhalation and ingestion

Can cause ulcers in the stomach

affects the heart and circulatory systems

in toothpaste form can cause dental fluorosis

wikipedia

Sodium Carbonate

Sodium carbonate, a mineral dangerous enough to be listed under MSDS for the capability to produce organ damage under repeated or prolonged exposure.

A synthetic salt created from sodium chloride (salt) and limestone

wikipedia

Silica

Silicon Dioxide

Primarily used for making glass and optical fibres for telecommunications

Used as a hard abrasive in toothpaste in hydrated form

studies have shown that it accelerates tooth wear, thus high levels of silica in specific plants must have developed as a defense against herbavore creatures

in powdered form, can lead to silicosis, bronchitis, or cancer

wikipedia

Sodium Saccharin

Used to sweeten products such as drinks, candies, cookies, medicines, and toothpaste

Studies done on laboratory rats showed it to cause bladder cancer

Several countries have banned it as a food supplement

wikipedia

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

used to thicken toothpaste and create a lather

Used in many cleaning supplies

Can cause skin irritation apthous ulcers

wikipedia

Tetrasodium pyrophosphate

Twice the toxicology of table salt when ingested orally

A thickening agent, commonly used in chicken nuggets, marshmellows, pudding, cat food, household detergents, toothpaste

wikipedia

8. Thats why I use toms toothpaste. If you're worried just use baking soda and water.

Thats why I rarely wear deodorant except when its hot out.

9. Yea,toms of Maine is natural paste. I've also read that pepsi cola uses dead baby fetus tissue as flavoring.also aspartame the artificial sweetners in diet soda is bad stuff also. Nurotoxin

10. dead baby fetus tissue. haha

11. Know someone that worked at a pepsi company for 15 years and he'll never touch one. The workers have to use hazmat suits when they pour the chemicals in.

12. Sodium fluoride is in our city's drinking supply's in the u.s. Half of Europe has banned fluoride in drinking supply's. If you talk about it here in amerika your called a conspiracy. Theorist

13. A little history about a company that few of you have probably heard of, yet most of you probably support in one way or another

Procter & Gamble company
    - founded in 1837
    - public multinational American corporation located in cincinnati, ohio
    - recorded $82.6 Billion in sales for the year of 2011
    - ranked fifth as 'World's Most Admired Companies' in Fortune magazine in 2011
    - started by William Procter (candle maker) and James Gamble (soapmaker)
    products include:
    Ivory soap
    Crisco shortening
    Crest oral products
    Tide detergents
    Prell shampoos
    Charmin paper mills
    Downey fabric softener
    Pampers diapers
    Folgers coffee
    Pepto Bismol
    Vicks
    Noxzema
    Old Spice
    Max Factor
    Duracell
    Oral-B
    Braun
    TAG Body Spray
    TAG Records
    Gillette
    Iams dog company
    Olestra (Olean) (Olestra is a lower-calorie substitute for fat in cooking potato chips and
    other snacks that during its development stages is known to have caused anal leakage and gastrointestinal difficulties in humans.)

14. AKA the kings of disposable shit that poisons humans

15. It's a shame very few take notice, half the people I talk to don't even know what fluoride is.

16. um nah toothpaste is for the better, theres a reason people make fun of british people, like all that other shits fucked, but not toothpaste

17. They might get made fun of, but atleast they can take solice in the fact that they aren't poisoning themselves

18. Their poor diets have a lot to do with that. And perhaps they don't brush at all. I'm not saying stop brushing, I'm saying just use water to brush, which gets your teeth just as clean as if you were using toothpaste, just without all the harmful chemicals. Need some kind of flavor? Chew on a peppermint leaf or something...

19. fuck dude, you guys don't wear deorderent?
    its nastier smelling like ass than some slightly harmful deoderent

20. no its scientific fact that there is plaque etc, and cant be cleaned with only water. There are trials where people would brush with water and the other group with toothpaste and obviously the water group wasnt as clean, its science dude. This logic says that HIV virus doesnt need any meds and can be cured with sugar pills