The time my car broke down in the middle of the freeway

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by CBoddicker, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Hey whats up guys? I'm bored and have nothing else to do so I feel like sharing a story with y'all.

Last May, I was getting ready to go up to the Curren$y concert over at the Showbox at the Market in Seattle. Needless to say, I was pretty stoked since he is definitely one of the premiere stoner rappers in hip-hop today. Anyway, I had rolled a couple of joints for the concert and one for the trip up; also brought along a sandwich and drink for the munchies. I hopped in my old 1997 Ford Mustang and hit the freeway around 4:30. The car ride started off well, a nice sunny afternoon, smoked one of the joints i brought with me while driving down the freeway and blasted music as i rode. Normally, I roll down the windows and bring some Ozium with me to take care of smell, but I had forgot it in my rush to beat traffic.

Around the half way point near Joint Base Lewis-McChord, I hit the normal 5:30 traffic jam caused by all the soldiers and base employees entering the freeway at once. I wasn't stressing too much since I was stoned and had munchies and music. As I'm moving through the traffic, i hear this loud rattling noise coming from the engine. I turn down the music in order to hear it better and the volume of it increases even MORE as i listen to it. I immediately decide to get off at the next exit and check it out. Before I can, my car completely DIES in the middle lane. Frantically, I try and start it up again to no avail. People are honking and swerving around me all pissed because I was an accident hazard just sitting in the road. At this point my heart is about to burst through my chest from how much i'm panicking as a result of all these stressors being applied in combination with my highness. Not to mention i had joints and weed in the vehicle and the car smelled like it, so the last thing i wanted to happen was for the cops to get involved. I finally give it some gas and the engine ROARS to life, alibit with smoke SHOOTING out of the AC vents.

I drive my car to the next exit ramp, thinking I can make it to the gas station before it completely quits out again. At the stoplight, the car dies YET AGAIN. My adrenaline is pumping out of control from the stress, and I make a split second decision. I throw it in neutral, jump out of the vehicle and push it to the shoulder, throwing it back in park before it rolls down a hill. I sit there for a moment, completely sobered up, trying to figure out what the fuck just happened.

Following the ordeal, I call up my dad for help since my roadside assistance has notoriously long response times, making sure to get all weed and roaches out of the ashtray and put them in my pockets; airing out the car as well. Eventually, he gets there and manages to start the car up again, takes it and gives me his truck to make the rest of the journey. I make it to the concert and proceed to have a blast.:smoking:

Lesson learned that whole experience: extremely stressful situations + weed= No bueno

2. So what was wrong with the car? Oh wait it was a ford never mind.

3. #3 CBoddicker, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    Headgasket blew and a lot more stuff got fucked up with the engine that I don't know about, I'm not a car expert. The repair ended up costing more than the car was worth so I junked it. It also had 142,000 miles on the odometer with the check engine light constantly on. That thing was definitely a lemon, don't know why i got it in the first place.

Also, don't just hate on Fords, DamierChrysler has been known for making extremely shitty cars too. My dad's 94 F-150 had 200,000 miles on the clock when we sold it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the lady who had it before me didn't take care of it worth a shit, first time I changed the oil a bunch of fucking sludge came out. Another reason not to blame the manufacturerer

4. Haha just fucking with you bro but damn at least you didn't call the cops, they would have charged you some $ or the tow

5. Yeah I know. Last thing I wanted to do was get the cops involved with how high and paranoid i was. Can't count how many times my dad has saved my ass.

6. Amen to that

7. [quote name='"CBoddicker"']

Headgasket blew and a lot more stuff got fucked up with the engine that I don't know about, I'm not a car expert. The repair ended up costing more than the car was worth so I junked it. It also had 142,000 miles on the odometer with the check engine light constantly on. That thing was definitely a lemon, don't know why i got it in the first place.

Also, don't just hate on Fords, DamierChrysler has been known for making extremely shitty cars too. My dad's 94 F-150 had 200,000 miles on the clock when we sold it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the lady who had it before me didn't take care of it worth a shit, first time I changed the oil a bunch of fucking sludge came out. Another reason not to blame the manufacturerer[/quote]

Damn dude my 99 f150 has been a bitch lately..
    Leaking antifreeze, no heat or air(bought it that way), and I had a flat tire I didn't notice till I pulled out of my misshapen driveway, and by that time the tire was halfway off the rim.
    Not to mention it didn't even come with a lug wrench that will fit my wheels!
    I would have been fucked if that tire blew half way through my school commute lol, how the fuck would I get my spare on?
    Sheistey ass used car dealers are the main reason for people having used car problems, and the previous owners too.

8. You should have pulled off to the shoulder on the highway immediately instead of trying to take the chance to make it to the gas station. Like whats the difference if you were broken down at the gas station than the highway?

9. Keep in mind that i was extremely stoned and panicking. Once that car died all my good judgement went out the window. In hindsight, I completely agree with you.

10. Lol. Well, at least you made it.

11. cool story, at least you can get a better car now

12. Holy hell, man... That was entertaining as fuck!

I'm compelled to let you know that you're a great fuckin' writer, dude! It was put together so well that I felt like I was there :smoking:

Way better than like, "Uhh, the other day... I was going to like, this place... and then my car broke down... and it was scary.".

13. I appreciate the compliment man! Writing is something I enjoy doing and like to be as expository as possible when telling a story.

14. i just had to replace my fuel pump, mine died at the bottom of my dealers driveway lol

15. 96-98 single port V6 engines are notorious for having bad head gaskets. Was it a v6?

16. [quote name='"DarkWaves2"']

96-98 single port V6 engines are notorious for having bad head gaskets. Was it a v6?[/quote]

Yeah it was a V6. What you mentioned combined with the lady who owned it before me's poor maintainence habits is probably what killed it.

17. that sucks dude atleast you made the concert though.

18. I got in a six car bumper-to-bumper collision on the Vegas I-15.
    Shit was gnarly. My car was alright...not the sweet ass 2011 Mustang a few cars behind me though.

Stupid crash too. I got a "Failure to decrease my speed in due time" citation.
    Unintentionally missed both my court dates for the crash, and ended up in city jail for 5 days for evading my warrants.

Super fucked up, will always pay my tickets and appear from now on...

But credit served in jail was better than paying $1300.00 though. Also got me for my out-of-state license at the time too...

19. Exact same thing happened to me when i was driving once. The road was curving and I couldn't clearly see the traffic control point they had for people crossing the road for a marathon. An officer jumped out in front of my truck without warning forcing me to slam on my brakes and slide since the road was wet. He chewed me out and another officer slapped me with a "Speeding too fast for conditions" ticket, $124. When i went to court to fight that chickenshit charge, the officer submitted a statement to the court in lieu of him actually appearing. The cocksucker filled it with a myriad of half-truths, exaggerations and lies and accused me of all these offenses not even pertaining to the charge i was originally cited for. When the time came to present my case, I laid out a clear and concise argument for why my ticket should be dismissed and cast a cloud of reasonable doubt over the officers so called "judgement". The judge agreed with what I had to say and dismissed my ticket:hello:. And people wonder why i dislike and distrust law enforcement officers...

Always fight bullshit tickets in court man, never just don't pay them. The best way to beat the system is to work within it.

20. If Curren$y is a premier stoner rapper then i need to be beheaded immediately