The Third Eye

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Nokturnal420, Dec 5, 2009.

1. So yesterday I followed the steps on awakening the third eye, it worked, but I found it interesting that it is the same feeling I get when I'm really high. Does anyone else experience a tingling or vibration in their head when they get high? I'm going to try it again later when high, because the effects should be stronger.

2. You can feel the third eye just like any other chakra though it isn't a chakra itself. Just because it hasn't been referred to as a third eye doesn't mean it's not there. All it is is an extension of the 6th chakra/pineal gland.

3. I'm not so sure about awakening my third eye, but when I take any kind of tryptamine the first sign of the come up is my neck/back getting warm. It almost feels like there is a pressure building up, it gets warm and tingly. You can totally tell something is going on.

God I love tripping, the come up especially.

4. High or not my 'third eye' tingles almost constantly, on and off. Sometimes it feels like it's exploding. The top of my head (related to the 'crown') feels like there's some force being expelled from it, not really a tingle or vibration, just a pressure. I usually feel a burning or tingle in the palms of my hands as well.

I can feel my chakras, but I don't really associate anything with them besides energy flow.

5. What I'm disagreeing with is the idea that this chakra should be opened to facilitate enlightenment, when that is not the case. It doesn't have the importance that people believe in the west. In Tibetan Buddhism for instance, the solar plexus chakra is the most important in terms of realisation, for other schools it's the crown (a symbolic chakra without physical presence), or even the tip of the penis. The 'third eye' has no specific meaning.

Much has been made of the Hatha yoga (kundalini) texts and the idea that working with the brow chakra is developmental; in fact, Hatha yoga is simply a warm-up stage for the rigours of Higher Tantra, and not meant as a means to enlightenment in itself. There is no need to 'open' anything.

The chakra has no relationship to the pineal, that idea was dreamed up by Theosophy.

MelT

6. Yeah, I can make it come on or off pretty easily now, and I tried it while getting stoned and it felt like my head was exploding, then a warmth came over my head and I gotta say, it felt pretty good.

7. #8 KundaliniRising, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2009

Your right, the third eye has nothing to do with enlightenment. The third eye is for astral sight, when you first "open" your third eye, you can see colors swirling and geometric shapes in your minds eye. Eventually, your able to have "visions", but it doesn't need to be opened and unblocked for your kundalini to ascend, which is a main aspect of enlightenment as far as kundalini goes. Theres actually 6 "eyes" in your forehead, going from the top of the bridge of your nose up to the hairline, the third eye is the third "eye" up from the bridge of your nose, it's not the third eye in the sense of your 2 physical eyes, which I think alot of people think it's called the third eye for.

8. I've felt that pressure once. Interesting.

9. Us again dude?:)

There is no such thng as astral sight - it's something else that Theosophy invented, along with Astral projection and the silver cord in OBE's. Much of what is discussed here was actualy invented by a british cleric 100 years ago when he became a Theosophist. With no previous experience of chakras or meditation he invented an entire chakra system, and claimed to be able to see at sub-atomic size and to be able to enter people's minds (in any time) at will, including that of Jesus. Everything he said about Chakras was criticised at the time by real proponents of Hatha yoga and those who taught the real chakra systems. The whole system of Theosophy was debunked at the time and its creators exposed as frauds at least twice.

'Astral' anything was their invention, so too was the 'third eye'. For them it was previously a real eye that had once been both on the back of the head, then on the top of it, before it moved to its current position, where it withered and died and that since then nobody could open it or use it. Before this invention there was no emphasis on the brow chakra at all, there is nothing in any ancient tradition that is even close to equating to it.

MelT

10. I find that this is really easy to do while stoned, listening to music, and staring off into a dark blanket you have over your head.

11. That is completely false. From what I have seen so far, you just go around to all different threads and try to disprove what the OP says and you are just negative overall. I shouldn't be saying this because this is my ego but I can't help it. Please be positive.

Astral substance and the astral body are completely real:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl3A2yERatw]YouTube - Multidimensional: Astral Substance[/ame]

The third eye chakra is completely real:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R51uGQec2Z4]YouTube - Chakras: Third Eye Chakra[/ame]

- peace, joy, love, and light

12. First of all, your ad hominem argument doesn't make any sense.

Second of all, I can't even read what those "factual" videos say. Do you have any real evidence?

13. Those videos are channeled information from pleiadian healers...that is your real evidence. I read the videos fine, maybe you forgot to put on your glasses? If for some reason you can't read in rhythm with the videos pace, then pause the video each time a new text appears.

14. i think you have a good point , but alot of people seem to have expirances with the third eye and i have to in fact , but like hyou said the chakras are engery focusing points so we shouldnt take it as so much

15. [​IMG]

16. Do you have anything intelligent or respectful to say instead of hiding behind a false stereotypical picture?

17. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

18. Read a book.

19. did somebody call for me?