the thing 2011

Discussion in 'Movies' started by deadhead4-2-0, Sep 30, 2011.

1. anyone going to see this im a huge fan of john carpentars version and am half afraid its gonna be a rehash but im just excited to roll one up and go to the movies been a while since theres been something in theaters i wanted to see

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjErC2JLQc]The Thing 2011 Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

2. yea i love the og too but i hear they really dont get the paranoia of the first movie going at all but they say theres alot of gore and they show the thing alot so who gives a shit i love gore and i loved the 82 version more then any other horror movie so i gotta see this

going at 1pm today so the theater wont be too packed i cant stand a packed theater where i gotta sit next to 2 fuckers i dont even know hogging the armrest makin me :mad: lol

3. alot of people bitching about the cgi are dumbasses the thing was a sick ass monster and the cgi was great

i really liked it maybe cuz the reviewers gave me low expectations

there is alot of gore when the thing attacks and it gets fuckin sick how it mutates they showed alot of that which i loved

4. i saw this movie at the release, needless to say it was not nearly as well done as John Carpenter's version

5. I'd like to see it.

Plus it has Mary Elizabeth Winstead. <3

6. she was a badass had a real ripley from aliens vibe

7. saw it last night, not near as good as john carpenters version but it wasn't horrible. They actually showed "the thing" more in this one and it was far more graphic, but I think part of what was better about Carpenters version was the lack of knowing or seeing what it was. The special effects were available so I think they just used them here, and part of it really was cool I thought, but it still manages to be fairly cheesy throughout. They also keep explaining what "the thing" is like whoever watching the film is an idiot... They didn't have to explain it in the Carpenter one really, or over explain it I should say, you just figured it out though really.

So it's not great, but not horrible and kind of fun to watch, mary elizabeth winstead is good.

Glad I got that out haha.

8. ya this pretty much is right on the spot, i feel the same way about it.

9. i thought it was good. i liked the end alot, but the original was definitely better