The theory of Mary Jane's (TRUE) Purpose

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Rastafari, May 13, 2010.

1. Dude I know exactly what you are talking about. I get it more if I have a couple beers along with smoking a lot, but it feels like a roller coaster. I actually feel like I spin backwards if I close my eyes when it's happening. It does get really intense though and i get scared I'm going to have a heart attack or something from the feeling it gives me. Haha.

2. My friend you have just discovered the way to experience the cannabis effect. I've been studying Meditation and chakra's for a while now;). When you master those skills, all your cannabis experiences will become like a LSD trip.It requires lots of patience and dedication;)

3. LOL.... Feeling the earth move... lol..... maybe your balance is a little high itself!

4. we need more philosophical people like you on this site =)

5. I've feel it too. The deep rollercoaster trip. I like to meditate in this state too.
    I actually think thant Mj can awake other kind of feelings, more intense but common between us stoners. Its like another extra sensorial dimenssion only reach being "high", where you feel connect with all your sorroundings.

6. damn dude i know exactly what you're talking about! i was just never able to put it into words. it's been a long time since i've experienced that though, and i feel like i would always open my eyes too early. i guess i'll have to pack like 10 fat bowls out of the zong tonight to return and take a ride on the roller coaster! :smoke:

7. I feel like an asshole saying this, but once I had an experience similar to OP's, I always thought I felt much differently about weed (from my friends). Like I literally began to LOVE the herb haha.

And I feel like my friends just do it to "get stoned" if you know what I mean. They're still chill ass people to smoke with though, don't get me wrong.

That feeling was pure bliss.

8. that is an amazing experience. i prefer not to be that high when im with people cause i can't just bask in it. but sometimes when im at that point on my computer or something, i just close my laptop and sit in the dark listening to music. it's incredible

9. sO after some research it seems all this is, is prying open your 3rd eye (DMT preview pretty much)... astral travel my friends

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIpxgo0-73Y]YouTube - Lee Scratch Perry & The Upsetters - Dread Lion[/ame]

10. Nothing has any TRUE purpose. The Universe is as it is because if it were not then we would not be here to observe it. Everything has evolved from a fundamental set of laws out of the chaos of creation. Ascribing purpose to things is just a layer of myth over nature and the underlying laws of physics.

11. holy shit lol i need some of that stuff

12. I remember when I was a newbie I used to be able to get that rush you were talking about, I can still pull it off sometimes if I move my eyes/body right

13. We can agree to disagree, but I never said a thing about the 'Big Bang'. That in and of itself is a flawed approximation of what may have spawned the Universe. M-Theory has some promise that may put it in a different light, but the Big Bang theory as most understand it breaks down once we go past a few tiny fractions of a second before whatever happened happened.

Of course we don't know. That's the point of seeking knowledge; addressing things we do not know. I can certainly offer a lot more proof that there is no inherent purpose or meaning in anything than can others who disagree.

Read Stephen Hawking's latest book, The Grand Design. It is very enlightening.

14. I think I had a Cannabis Orgasm while reading this. How stoned I am on a scale of 1-10 is about a 9 :smoke:

15. If you're too lazy to do your own research it certainly doesn't fall on me to write any lengthy proofs. Everything I said is based upon well established science. Read a book or spend some time in the library. I'm not writing a research paper here.

Purpose and meaning are qualities we ascribe. That doesn't mean they don't exist. It just means they are consensual constructs of sentience that don't really reflect the underlying fabric of our Universe.

16. Guys just to take this universal debate down a couple notches go smoke a bowl and sit down in front of your tv.

Throw on Into the Wormhole (discovery channel) and watch the first 5 - 8 episodes. They talk all about string theory, parallel universes, dark matter and all that.

Its quite enlightening.

17. about a year ago i was at a buddys house because we had never smoked together. we smoked 2 blunts (feeling lavish) and another 2 grams out of the bong. after i sat down and started to come to grips with reality, i felt surges of this sensational feeling. we started to watch mr. magoriums macgic imporium and i kept feeling it and i just passed out in like 20 minutes. :smoking:

18. Sorry dude, I don't 'embrace' points of view I know to be flawed. That doesn't mean I hate, it just means I don't 'embrace the other side' or any other hippy crap like that.

19. Didn't say anything about not embracing you, I was talking about views and ideas. The world would be a better place if people would actually embrace rational science instead of superstition too.

Like I said I'm not hating. There's no vitriol here.

20. I recently met a lady that told me (and she believes that) Marijuana is a witchcraft re-incarnation of the Holy Spirit.