The theory of Mary Jane's (TRUE) Purpose

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Rastafari, May 13, 2010.

1. dude, i thought my shit was dank. i gota get some of your shit.

and lol @ cannabis orgasm

2. I actually made up this theory when I was stoned as hell one night by myself. I was in highschool, and I was taking physics when one my teacher talked a bit about space-time and string theory and alternate dimensions and shit.

You know how when your high you feel like time just slows the fuck down?
    I thought really hard about it, and I thought weed was like, the key to unlocking time travel and reaching alternate dimensions. lol, I thought if I smoked enough maybe I could start going back in time. It makes zero sense now, but it kinda blew my mind that night XD

3. The cannabis orgasm is seriously the best description of what it feels like I have ever seen. Thank you for posting that, that shit is seriously epic!

It kinda feels like this pic

[​IMG]

4. I love what you described man. Felt it to.

“When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.” -Bob Marley

I truly believe most tokers come to realize to slow down and enjoy life and to find out whats truely important to them.

5. [quote name='"Deltanine413"']I explained the same thing as being punched by energy[/quote]

When i saw your avatar man i really got the tokers stomach growl haha

6. Beautiful picture brother, most def describes the feeling quite accurately! :D (especially with the 3rd eye open) <3
    This song also is a quite 'ride-the-wave'-inducing sounds as well [​IMG]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Xcjsql5IM]King Tubby- A Murderous Dub[/ame]

7. Yeah brother that pic sums it up for me. Last night I was having a cannabis orgasm and I just kinda leaned back in my chair and was like, "aaaaahhh, yeaaaah....." Next thing I know something jerks me out of my peaceful moment and shocks me back to reality. I look up to see my wife looking at me like, "you alright?, you looked like you were passed out!" She had shaken my leg.

Never had anyone ruin my cannabis orgasm before and I was like wtf did you do that for hehe. It's a real shock to be brought back to reality from that place. Anyways, thought it was a funny thing to mention since it happened within hours of my post here.

8. Will be trying this.

9. weed isn't a drug..
    hash is a drug..
    one was manufactured.. one grew out the ground.
    one was extracted, one was taken 'naturally'.

10. They're both drugs man haha but i don't think I've ever given a shit. We gotta tell the kids that drugs are cool:cool: (Certain ones of course)

11. Wrong assumption. Humans and other animals produce their own cannabinoids and have longer than humans have been around. It's more likely that cannabis evolved cannabinoids in order to get other organisms to propagate its genetics. After all, the driving purpose of all life is to spread its genes and to thrive.

12. #392 iMaven, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2011
    Well i disagree with your definition of drug.
    I don't consider Tea a drug, yet it contains a psychoactive substance: L-theanine..
    just like i dont' consider marijuana a drug, yet it contains a psychoactive ingredient THC.

My definition would be anything that is manufactured or extracted with the purpose of causing change in one's mental, physical, or emotional state.
    Such as hash..
    Such as the synthetic THC they created.
    Such as LSD.

What other thing would you consider a drug? Coffee?
    alcohol is a drug for instance.. it was manufactured..

13. lol but how does that even happen?
    how would a plant cause us to grow cannabinoids? not belittling your argument, just wondering how that works practically.

And for the record, they aren't even solely used for cannabinoids.. pretty sure things in chocolate affect them.. meaning it's not marijuana exclusive.. which could prove we're not technically "meant" to use marijuana..
    but idk. i think everything can benefit from it.

14. Please read what I wrote more carefully. Nowhere did I say we grew cannabinoid receptors in response to a plant. It is far more likely that through natural selection the plant evolved the ability to produce high concentrations of cannabinoids so that other organisms would propagate it. Animals had endogenous cannabinoids long, long before cannabis evolved into its current form. They are used for many purposes with regards to pain response and immune system modulation that have nothing at all to do with cannabis.

15. ahh I read that wrong lol.
    i see what you mean now. and yah i was assuming that we had cannabinoids for reasons not relating to cannabis.
    I wonder why they were stuck with the same name. and how old the name goes back. would you say that our cannabinoid receptors should have a name that doesn't link it to cannabis (like take out the canna and add another prefix)? since it was around before we used cannabis? or what.

maybe i should do some lexical research

16. They didn't discover the receptors until long after cannabis and cannabinoids were discovered.

17. #397 Gortael, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2011
    THC eventually came into existence, when the first Marijuana plants grow on the alps in Kazakhstan. The plants evolved THC as a protection from UV light.
    Cannabinoid receptors have been around since Sea-Squirts, I doubt it's anything other than coincidence that Marijuana happens to fit our receptors.
    Also, iMaven. Drug - A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body
    If you like it or not, Marijuana is a drug. Almost everything could be considered a drug, unfortunately the word "drug" has bad connotations, I can see why you don't want to use the word, but you can't change the Oxford Dictionary definitions with what you believe.
    Edit: I didn't meant to say Alps -doh- I meant mountains.

18. My own theory is ... MJ is here to help and UNITE people. Try to do that with ALCOHOL ? to see what happens !

Just take this thread for example. If the Subject is "The True purpose of ALcohol" people couldn't stand each other, the hell most of the people right now, that do not smoke or ingest MJ but drink, can not stand each other. However with MJ is totally different keyword "UNITE".

“One love, one heart, one destiny.”
    ― Bob Marley

“Herb is the unification of mankind.”
    ― Bob Marley

19. Mary Jane's ultimate purpose is to make the world one again, and let everyone free their mind and be happy.

20. The plant's resin evolved to protect. Cannabinoids including THC have little bearing on UV protection. The THC is thought to most likely have been a form of protection from many types of pests. It is also highly likely that the hypothesis I posited is a corollary purpose of cannabinoids; animals including humans valued the effects and thus helped propagate the plant. The plants that propagated the most had more cannabinoids and thus survival of the fittest did its work.