Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The term "getting high".

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by xLively, Feb 3, 2012.

1. When I hear someone use the term "getting high", I always think they are doing some kind of drug, like heroin or crack.

"I'm gonna go get high." Very shady to me, lol. Idk, it just sounds very demeaning.

Is it just me, or do other people feel like this?

2. i love saying high! I don't know, it just sounds like a positive experience to me, and i find weed positive :smoke:

3. it sounds like nothing bad. if a crackhead said anything its would sound like "ima gonna go smoke me some crack"

4. [quote name='"xLively"']When I hear someone use the term "getting high", I always think they are doing some kind of drug, like heroin or crack.

"I'm gonna go get high." Very shady to me, lol. Idk, it just sounds very demeaning.

Is it just me, or do other people feel like this?[/quote]

I say faded or baked with my friends,
    Its because i associate the word "high"
    As physically elevated, herb makes me feel chill and like im walking in the ocean haha..

(im HELLA baked right now haha)

5. Reminds me of this song

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zXi4-Xhxjg]Devin Tha Dude---Gettin High - YouTube[/ame]

6. Yeah high is a good way to describe weed, sort of in a "higher consciousness" sort of thing.

7. I feel you OP. I don't like saying "I'm high" or "I wanna get high." Gives weed a negative connotation in a way and doesn't sit well with me.

Wanna burn?

8. I personally have nothing wrong with "I'm high." It's a state of being. "I wanna get high," however, I do not like saying because it makes me feel like I'm doing some hardcore drug. I would rather say "I wanna smoke." :D

9. I guess I'm the complete opposite, I always associate it with smoking weed and relaxing.

10. I don't picture that, "getting high" is very weed sounding

11. Naw we just say, "You wanna go out" and then we go outside and smoke.

12. depends on who im with. I usually just smoke and kick it with my girlfriend, we'll ask each other (wanna get high?) in towlie voice. Occasionally I'll say blaze or some shit too, but nah I dont have a problem with the term "getting high"

13. people called it getting high before other drugs were even popular. the term actually was very popular before most of you guys were even born.

crackheads dont say im gonna get high they say im gonna smoke crack
    dopfiends say "i need a fix, or a shot"

the term was used because when people smoke weed their head feels like its up in the clouds.

this is why we associate getting high with smoking pot

14. Using terms like "dope" or "pot" are basically the only negative terms surround marijuana. Getting high is just right lol.

15. I don't care for the term "getting high" I normally just say getting faded

16. Considering that is what is actually happening when you smoke weed it fits nicely. I take the word "high" as being lifted and feeling above your average self.

17. i feel the same way, thats why i usually say medicated when im talking about the effects of marijuana.

18. When I first started smoking in 8th grade, I always said "lets go burn" because i was afraid of saying "lets get high" or "lets go smoke" because i associated those words with bad things from drug school programming.

Now I just say lets smoke.