The term 'dank'

Discussion in 'General' started by Rhasta, Feb 14, 2009.

1. I call my dank schwag and my schwag dank.

Bitchessss.

2. I have NEER used slang terms such as Dank or Scwag to describe my MJ. The last four years I've been calling it whatever it actually is, for example: right now I've got a nice eigth of Bubba Kush x OG Kush. Since I buy at a dispensary I know exactly what it is I'm medicating with.

But before that when I wasn't a patient, I just called it "weed" or "pot". I'm in my 30's, I don't need to assign silly names to something.

3. Haha not to sound like an arse or anything, but I think calling it 'OG Kush' or 'Bubba Kush' is way more silly than calling it 'fire' or 'dank'.

4. This is where people in the hood screwed it up. They call a lot of their good weed dro, which is shortened from Hydro and like u said hydroponics.

If someone calls some fire weed dro, check the stems..if they arent hollow...call him out on it, it isnt dro.

5. That's beside the point, unless they're specifically talking about the growing method, dro is meant to mean good pot. So if someone says the weed is dro, that doesn't mean they're saying it was grown hydroponicaly. Hydro weed is known for producing good quality if done right, so it became a term to describe quality as well as the method.

6. Go by bombness over hither

7. #27 Keifer Suthrlnd, Feb 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009

but if you're using the word to describe good weed that isnt grown hydroponically you're just an idiot, because it doesnt make any sense.

hood dealer: Yo I Got some Hydro..
    me: this weed isnt hydro its some outdoor skunk
    hood dealer: huhh? whatchu mean its some dank

Checkout this thread before u knock what Im sayin: No Dro!

8. Yes, dank is a term best reserved for describing tombs and the like... but somehow it's THE name for good weed most places.

9. we call kb good
    thats it
    just hey can u get some good?
    idk not big into slang names

10. You're arguing semantics. Unless the person is asserting it's dro as in hydroponic weed, and it's not, then they're an idiot or a liar. If they're saying it to describe the quality, then it's just slang.

11. Now why would it be silly to call it WHAT IT IS?

Attached Files:

12. Haha you're right. Its a technicality.

13. The same reasoning for you denouncing other slang terms. It's just weed, but people label it differently.

14. No, it's an 8th of Bubba Kush x OG Kush. Yes, it's marijuana, but that's what strain it is. Tastes completely different from other strains, and has different effects.

Not my fault that you don't have access to named strains, but there's no reason for you to not understand that some people do and actually enjoy knowing exactly what they're smoking.

15. And there's no reason for you get hostile with me just because I called you on a contradiction. :rolleyes:

16. now you're just sounding like an ignorant fuck dawg... you are specifying the exact type (strain) and he is describing its overall quality (dank) you are naming it, he is analyzing the potency. Just becuase you say it is "og x bubba' don't mean its potent (dank), yea if its grown right it will be potent, but you can have shitty 'og x bubba' if it was grown shitty or polinated with seeds.

17. I'll use it sparingly, generally as an adjective and commonly not referring to weed.

IE:"Oh that sub is the danks".

But as noted, very scarcely, almost exclusively when I'm with my good friends; I've always thought it sounded amateurish.

18. this thread is not dank.

19. ya dude, i use it often besides just talkin bout weed, like that pancheros was dank or that was a dank pow line. heard it used a lot more by others when i was in bozeman but now back in mn i rarely hear others using it except my good buddies who got it from me