The term "busting my ass" is thrown around way too loosely

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Jiggernex, May 17, 2012.

1. People say this so much it's not even funny. "I busted my ass to pay the rent". Please fool no you didn't you are a fucking cashier.

Even my own parents often said how they busted their ass to get me into the home we lived. Kay sure, being a mailman is hard, but it's nothing compared to a Marine, or just dangerous work in general, like high-rise construction, coal mines. THAT is busting your ass, not fucking delivering bullshit mail.

I'm getting pretty sick of it. If anyone ever tells you that they "busted their ass" to get where they are now, just let them know how easy and stupid their job most likely is and how it's nothing compared to, say, the construction workers who laid the Alaskan pipeline in -80 degree weather.

2. People say this?

You sound dumb as hell saying that in any context.

3. Eh man you sound a little bitchy right now lol honestly. It doesn't matter what other people are doing. Venting?

But i wouldn't say i bust my ass either, cause i don't. I do have buns of steel though.

4. thanks for the read A+ thread.

5. A lot of people say that. Just because they do not say it where you are from, does not mean other people don't say that lol.

And I'm not trying to sound bitchy.

6. [quote name='"Jiggernex"']A lot of people say that. Just because they do not say it where you are from, does not mean other people don't say that lol.

And I'm not trying to sound bitchy.[/quote]

That's why I asked, guy ;)

7. I'm not your guy, friend.

8. :confused_2: i don't know, I am busting my ass trying to figure out this thread. :p:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I busted my ass trying to keep from coughing from this bong rip

10. That term alone just made me laugh my ass off but I guess what you're saying, there are a lot of difficult work positions out there are being served and those are the ones busting their ass but maybe they are talking about in financial situations where they aren't stable in keeping up with the bills.

11. #11 Stigma, May 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012

Dude your full of shit.

How did u "laugh your ass off"??

Im really tired of people using this term over stuff that isnt really even that funny. I can understand that if u just got back from an Eddie Murphy standup or u just watched a Anthony Jeselnik DVD that u probably "laughed your ass off". But to say that some stupid GC thread made u laugh your ass off is just ridiculous.
    Im sick of it!

12. How bout this. lets just say I have diarreah. And jus went to take a shit. Would i be eligible to say i "busted my ass" in that bathroom.

Or even better. Explosive diarreah????

13. Fuck, OP is going to bust our asses for these responses. :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  14. We're getting blasted in the ass by the people who say they work their ass off.

Fuck them they needa stop blasting us all in the ass

• Like Like x 1
  15. i busted my ass just readin your dumb thread.

16. What line of work are you in that makes you irritated when people say busting my ass?

17. I'm betting... carpenter/laborer... :smoke:

18. Stop being childish. It means to work hard which I'm sure your parents did. I dont think they were comparing themselves to do the people who built the alaskan pipeline.

19. Well if your ass is getting busted i would say its going to be pretty loose

20. So who is allowed to say it OP?

I don't want to upset you, so im clearing things up now. :smoke:

What do you do for a living?