The Teeny farm, 400W HPS/MH/LED, DWC& drip feed.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by B1b1unique, Nov 26, 2011.

1. #1 B1b1unique, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    Hi everyone at GC, First actual Grow here, super small operation 1 or 2 Plants AT MOST. I think I'm going to jump right in. Here we go :wave:

My super closet deluxe is ready to go and I'm a few days into germination, for some reason i had not started the 4 seeds at the same time, being as anxious as I was, so the teeny seeds are a few days apart at this point. I have a germinated white widow (non fem'd) thats in her second day of life in the bottom of my super closet. The world is very new to her:p . she's in the super cloner, with some clean PH'd water in some rock wool under a nice little dome. I also have...a Dutch Passion - fem'd Blueberry, a Green House - fem'd strawberry haze, and a White label - fem'd white widow germinating as i type away. Hopefully those little suckers pop!

As far as my setup goes, Super closet, Technaflora recipe or hollands secret. I have both and I'm undeceive on which to use at this point, suggestions welcome!!:confused: . Ive got a 400W HPS and a 400W MH both feeding just 2 or 3 plants with all 800 watts of sunny goodness, they will be spoiled plants for sure. I have a Co2 boost bucket (skeptical) but i got it anyway and it can't hurt so we will see about that.

P.S I am excited to hear suggestions, tips know how whatever it can be called so PLEASE share. Photos, helpful tips, share your garden, whatever i am interested in every bodies methods so let it rip!

Anyway, with no further delay, let the growing begin :hello: Enjoy.

2. hey mate, subscribed, looks good

what sort of hydro set up are you doing?

post some pictures of your setup and good luck with it

3. Subscribed

Sounds like a good setup. Looking forward to the pics :)

Puff Puff Pass

4. #4 B1b1unique, Nov 26, 2011
    Thanks a lot guys:smoke:, KazKin I wish i could answer your question properly but to be honest I'm not even sure which it is termed, is it EBB?lol, its just a regular old hydro. 7 gallon reservoir with two air stones and small 1 inch net pots in the tray. This is the bottom section for seedlings, just two 24W flourescents. As for the top chamber I will use for late veg and flower is a 10 gallon reservoir with four air stones & a drip feed system with the bigger 3 inch net pots.

Cheers.:wave:

5. Pictures

Attached Files:

6. quick note before I pass out and wake up to the reality of work in the morning:mad: .

The little baby seedling white widow is currently on a 20 ON / 4 OFF schedule and will begin 18/6 when I move her ( well, hopefully her!) upstairs into her big girl flowering room. She's nice and humid and the water level just barely touches her net pot.

Temp-70
    PH - Yellow lol, still need a digital PH meter.
    Humidity - 86%

well, time to run :wave: :bolt:

7. #7 MrWeeds, Nov 26, 2011
    [quote name='"B1b1unique"']Thanks a lot guys:smoke:, KazKin I wish i could answer your question properly but to be honest I'm not even sure which it is termed, is it EBB?lol, its just a regular old hydro. 7 gallon reservoir with air stones and small 1 inch net pots in the tray. This is the bottom section for seedlings, just two 24W flourescents. As for the top chamber I will use for late veg and flower is a 10 gallon reservoir with air stones & a drip feed system.

Cheers.:wave:[/quote]

Lol.
    Sounds like a modified DWC. A BubbleBucket. A Drip feed. Etc.

I use a recirculating water farm. ( 2 4site farms)
    I also have air stones in each res. And a drip ring as well.
    And a 10 site 100 gallon DWC
    With hella airstones. Have yet to get it up and running for the inaugural run.

*edit*
    My comment w's made obsolete lol. Nice system. I have always been curious about that. Will be fun to follow. :)
    the pic is the innard of my DWC at almost complete. Was testing my floating valve in that pic.

Attached Files:

8. #8 B1b1unique, Nov 26, 2011
    Mr. Weeds -

THats awesome man, very custom , sounds badass :cool: i hope the system works out to your liking, I'm sure it will.

ps. ughh I wish I had black lids on my reservoir's!!! :mad: my poor, poor roots have to deal with "super closets" lack of planing. oh well!

want to check on my baby but don't have time!!!

Off to work :(

Cheers :wave: :bolt:

9. #9 B1b1unique, Nov 26, 2011
    Pictures of the setup & update...

PH - between 5.5 & 6.5 (light yellow PH)
    temp - 68F
    humidity - 89%
    PPM - 60

She sprouted last night :) just barely but i can see her. She is beginning to come out of her shell and looks kind of odd at this point lol. Still I'm glad she made it this far :smoke:

Either the Blueberry or the strawberry haze is about 80% done germinating, they were in the same piece of paper towel and i lost track of which one was which!!! :mad: . I guess only time will tell now, oh well. I have a rock wool cube soaking in ph'd water for her and am going to put her in with the white widow in the super cloner tonight at 6PM when morning come for my little ones :).

no pictures of the bottom chamber (super cloner) for this update it looks the same... and the picture of the thermometer/hygrometer hanging on the outside of the super closet IS NOT the reading for my bottom chamber thats why those numbers don't match the update!!!! the bottom chamber has its own hygrometer/thermometer.

I still have to run to my local hydro store and get a ballast and tube for my MH light only the HPS is setup, I have the 400W bulb so hopefully ill have time to grab those things this week if i can find the time. The plants won't be upstairs anyway for a solid 3 or 4 weeks either way so its okay for now.

anyway...

-Heres some pictures, starting with Jade, my boxer :wave:

Attached Files:

10. just a quick tip, hot glue or in some way attach the air stones to the bottom of the reservoir to stop them moving around...

i really want to try dwc at some stage, it looks productive

11. #11 B1b1unique, Nov 26, 2011

thats a good idea, i haven't thought of a way to hold my stones in place i knew the issue would arise eventually. Thank you!:) , I agree DWC has always interested me, I tried to build a home made setup years ago and a few weeks into bag seed i had to ditch the project to leave for college, TERRIBLE timing on my part, but after that whole episode i had stayed pretty interested in the DWC thing and studied hydro on and off. The entire hydroponic theory is cool to me:)
    Lol i didnt even actually know it was a DWC, i know there are 6 (or a few) types of hydroponics systems but I didn't know the difference! DWC EBB & flow it all confused me lol.

I took an attempt at a close up shot with my fancy lens :p the White Widow looks GREAT at 30X, the camera does NOT do it justice. She's got a little purple and white trunk dug straight down into the rock wool :D she looks like a teeny tiny tree lol.

3 Day old White widow :D

Attached Files:

12. I find if you put your 30x lens right up against the camera lens you'll be able to take a great closeup shot

13. Thanks man lol i was all over the place trying to get the camera focused, Ill give it a shot later on i don't wanna irritate the tiny little creature too much she's so small :)

14. I just moved the other germ'd seed ( either a strawberry haze or a blueberry, mixed up the seeds during germ) into the DWC super cloner, in comfortably with her big sister white widow :) my girls! ill update pics tomorrow morning while the lights are still on. I have to go I'm seeing daniel tosh live tonight so I'm in need of a baking before i leave the apartment :smoke:

later gators:bolt:

15. Nice :)

I have done the seed mixup before. It is only the fact that it was sativa v indica seeds that i was able to eventually label them :)

400watt in that cabinet will have the potential for explosive growth, it may be in your best interest to keep plenty of room for LST.

Do you plan on topping or super cropping?

I am begiining to think that auto/micro strains maybe best for that type of system. I may be wrong, but i will enjoy learning, and following your grow. :)

16. #16 B1b1unique, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
    Update:

Its day 5 and the plants are looking great. They weren't all started at the same time so they vary slightly in progression. the oldest plant, the white wide is doing great, she seems like she enjoys her environment and her little serrated leaves are coming in :D beautiful. there are 4 other seeds, one looks like she might not make it :( but she is germ'd and has her little tail poking out and began working around the rock wool, yesterday she somehow flipped herself over trying to sink her taproot and hasn't really made much advancement since. Oh well I'm leaving her in and hoping she perks up. The other 3 are good and are slowly taking course :). I lost track of which seeds are which at this point but it will make it all that much better in the end smoking it and decoding my mix up lol :smoke:. Its all cream of the crop seed so I don't really mind.

as far as the setup goes I've added:

-floating water thermometer
    -extreme additives from holland secret including ton o bud, cargo blast, bud start, the heavies :devious: , and H202 (29%).
    -Also I finally got a digital Ph reader.
    -I ordered two supplemental lights, a red supernova LED and a purple supernova LED both 150W ;) figure I'm already spoiling these girls to hell, why not just go all out lol

My PH was a little high today, don't know why or how? so i dropped that down a little bit.

as far as numbers go...

lights still at 20 on 4 off

water temp - 68F
    temp in dome -
    temp in cabinet - 71.8F (lights war one for 20 hours when i took the reading)
    humidity in dome - 88%
    humidity in cab - 51%
    PH - 6.0
    PPM - 52

Ill update pictures later i don't feel like dealing with the uploader right now...

Cheers

17. #17 B1b1unique, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011

Hopefully ill identify the plants later on in there lives lol I'm not worried about it now its to late :smoke:

Yeah I figured 400 W MH for veg, and 400W HPS for flower for just a few plants is beyond significant, I hope so! and now I'm adding the two 150W supplemental LEDs (purple & red) that will be running for both veg & flower :D

As far as fimming or topping i have not decided yet, if i do, i will probably top each plant at the 3rd or 4th branch while still in veg

None of my strains are auto but maybe it would be good for my system, you know more than i do! lol Im still learning myself :) Thanks for the post!

18. the next 5 months are going to be the slowest months of my life:(

19. [quote name='"B1b1unique"']the next 5 months are going to be the slowest months of my life:([/quote]

LOL

you will be surprised.it seems like a long time. But once all the lil ones get their first set of fan leaves, it will be harvest time before you know it.

Puff Puff Pass

20. So i have slowly become more and more aware at the fact that i wasted so much money buying my cabinet form super closets :mad: all the parts in this thing are easy to come by hydroponic accessories, and not even expensive. I could have built a super closet better than they did for like $1000. The only reason i bought it was because i was being lazy and didn't feel like building my own, which in turn screwed me because ill be buying crap for my grow cab for the next 2 weeks to make up for the things super closets left out or did wrong :mad: I should've done better research. oh well my plants are doing okay and Ill have to make do with my mistake and make my super closet as "custom" as I can, now, wheres my drill :devious: