The Taste - Can you describe it?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by ChefZiggy, Jan 15, 2014.

1. So in several threads I have seen people mention the taste of organically grown being, I assume, so much better than that of other methods. (It is usually mentioned like "Oh, but the taste!") I've never been able to really compare since I seldom have more than one kind at a time and usually have no idea how it was grown.

Can you good folks describe the difference between an organically grown and hydro?

2. I can taste weed best when ive packed a fresh bowl to vape, and before turning it on, I just inhale. You get this almost sugary, very green tasting, almost like a white or green tea taste, with whatever other flavor notes your strain has. The first few pulls still has that flavour, and it dilutes at a moderate pace as I vape more.  

With that in mind, when people talk about taste, they mean if a device  can give you any of that pure nutural flavor, how good of a quality if not 100%, and how long till it dilutes into nothing.  

When I do well rolled joints(not mine...) I can definately taste weed small hints of weed with a lot of smoke covering it up, and although it is a low taste it dissapates into smoke rather slowly. 

When I use my bong the taste is there for the first bit that hits my tounge but gives way rapidly to smoke.

my vape is pretty pure, only one where I feel you get the full range of flavours, good vapes will hold that longer than others. I think portables usually struggle with that, stationary high quality keep it pure and strong for a good sesh. 

3. I understand what the taste is, I want to know what the difference is between the taste organic vs other methods.

Is it more "earthy"?  Generally stronger?  Less chemicaly?  What?  

4. Generally stronger since the plant has access to all the "nutrients" it needs 24/7.HaGGarD

5. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference myself I don't think.

6. [quote name="ChefZiggy" post="19344798" timestamp="1389796326"]So in several threads I have seen people mention the taste of organically grown being, I assume, so much better than that of other methods. (It is usually mentioned like "Oh, but the taste!") I've never been able to really compare since I seldom have more than one kind at a time and usually have no idea how it was grown.Can you good folks describe the difference between an organically grown and hydro?[/quote]It's like beer, I get Heiny or a nice craft brewed beer. That's like the organic.You get a PBR or Milwaukees Best.Get the idea it all tastes the same in general ,the differences are not huge. More a personal preference.Mj