The Sweaty road of Kief.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kiefsweat, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Soooo
    Im pretty much tired of where i live rite now(southern us). ive been here for roughly eeeehh...16- 17 years?? something like that. Fuck this place.
    I remember the first day i came here like it was yesterday.
    anyway.
    My friend had this idea that he wanted to'bum' or hitch hike across the us to the west coast. His reasons unknown to me atm. idk BUT, i told him that i totaly want to go with him and weve been planning this shit out pretty hardcore.
    Although we did realize taht its hard to plan shit like this until it happens hahaha

Basically though this thread will be dedicated to my adventures on the open road to make it out west by any means necessary. Ill be keeping it updated as much as i can until i start, and while its happening.
    My reasons for going out west- To find a new home. New people to meet. New weed to smoke. New places to discover. New spots to skate. fuck it yo.

Im tired of putting boundaries on my decision making and my will to do things. so i stepped outside the box this time in my life. it all probably sounds cliche in some way, or even stupid.

but thats just how little you know about me right now. that doesnt mean you wont know more. in witch case ill be tellnig you. fuck im high and lost.
    i stopped and started this probably 8956948 times.

any questions or suggestions. post that shit. im open.:bongin:

2. dang if you hike past texhoma oklahoma,texas pick me up

3. you could save up and buy a plane ticket? how old are you?

4. Nice dude but be safe yo. West coast has amaaaaazing skate spots. When i went it was so fucking different to the east coast in terms of skating. The weather, the streets, everything.

Down by venice beach in LA theres a whole huge 2 lane bike path along the beach which a lot of people skate thru, smooth and great scenery. The streets were amazingly flat to skate and so were the curbs. Oh man just talkin about it makes me miss it sooo much!

5. I'm in fl and I've hated it for 16 years. I know how you feel.

In a month or so I'm moving to either north GA, TN or WV.

Do you have a location in mind? That's what I'm getting hung up on. Don't want to make the wrong decision, but in reality anywhere is better than here. I just need some mountains and cold weather.

Good luck to you, bro. I hope you find that home.

6. buying a plane ticket defeats the purpose of the trip. im probbly riding with a band thats goin out there, my friend whos in this with me, is in that band soo yea. hahah it works out sort of.
    my location in mind is just the west coast in general. ive got family in washington so ican possibly visit there for a bit, but def california. venice beach skate park was actually my destination spot. probably gonna change though. like i said we cant really plan it out too much till we get tehre

7. You should try catching a ride on freight trains. It is illegal but there is a whole culture of people that travel around the country on trains.

8. yea well def be looking into that at some point. i havnt decided weather were hitching or driving with the band. either way its gonna be an adventure.

we did decide though on going through southern colorado and then through utah, nevada, and then cali finaly.

we originaly wanted to make a movie out of it. not a documentary really but just. the life of us doing that basically haha having fun. living life. surviving. reality.

ive been getting alot of negative thoughts on it lately, not vibes or anthing but ive still been tryin to stay positive about everything.

9. Fuck it YOLO

10. you post this alot.

you do live once. in this life at least.

11. [quote name='"KiefSweat"']

you post this alot.

you do live once. in this life at least.[/quote]

I post it mostly to mock hipsters or whoever started it

I would love to go hitchhiking across the country, unfortunately work holds me back from long adventures :(

I do own a backpacking pack full of all necessities for survival which I use for long hikes, maybe one day I'll say fuck it to work and have fun

12. [quote name='"KangarooBunny"']I'm in fl and I've hated it for 16 years. I know how you feel.

In a month or so I'm moving to either north GA, TN or WV.

Do you have a location in mind? That's what I'm getting hung up on. Don't want to make the wrong decision, but in reality anywhere is better than here. I just need some mountains and cold weather.

Good luck to you, bro. I hope you find that home.[/quote]

Oregon sounds like a great place for you...

13. see, i thought work was holding me back, but i realized it was not. i just have to formally quit and then start packing up to get on my way. ill be saving money up and shit before hand. i wont take much, i might take a card or soemthing i can use at an atm or some shit.

my main concern is just making it out west so i can pretty much restart my life. get another job doing whatever. find a new place to live and shit. leave this life here behind haha

14. [quote name='"KiefSweat"']see, i thought work was holding me back, but i realized it was not. i just have to formally quit and then start packing up to get on my way. ill be saving money up and shit before hand. i wont take much, i might take a card or soemthing i can use at an atm or some shit.

my main concern is just making it out west so i can pretty much restart my life. get another job doing whatever. find a new place to live and shit. leave this life here behind haha[/quote]

Make sure you plan ahead an secure a job out west. I only moved one province over and left my job, almost became homeless

15. So I am not trying to be the asshole, but it seems like you need to plan this better. There are some very sick and dangerous people out there in our country, be careful.

16. OP go to Youtube and watch Thumbs Up : Hitchhiking across america its an awesome show it should help you out

17. Fuck yea man, venice has got the sickest skate spots and culture. Hope you ride bowls cause they got some gnarly ones.

18. Hey, read the thread hhaha i already stated that weve been planning this, but hen concluded that wed have to wait on most of it because you cant just plan certain things.

I also understand there are some sick people out there. there are sick people everywhere though. its not like i can avoid it. i just have to be prepared for it if anything.
    i did also watch thumbs up. its fucking lame tbh hahaha

he had money and paid pretty much everyone in that show some cash to be on it. Choe is rich as fuck. thats far from hitch hiking though.... real hitch hiking att least.

19. [quote name='"Berry"']You should try catching a ride on freight trains. It is illegal but there is a whole culture of people that travel around the country on trains.[/quote]

There may be a culture of people, but people get murdered that way. Those people are usually insane. Not always buy their pretty crazy lol

20. [quote name='"OutdoorGrowDude"']

There may be a culture of people, but people get murdered that way. Those people are usually insane. Not always buy their pretty crazy lol[/quote]

Bullshit, a proper railroad tramp is an honorable person, streamliners are the shit heads who ruin railraiding and blow up yards. The more you know, but for all intents an purposes DO NOT RIDE THE RAILS UNLESS YOU DO PROPER RESEARCH INTO ALL THAT ENTAILS.

You could be arrested on a multitude of charges in regards to the cargo load of any train you mght be caught on.

Furthermore you would be one of the people on deadtrainbums that is missing both legs; don't play with fire