The Streets

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by just blaze, Mar 7, 2006.

1. if you haven't heard of the streets i recommend you go buy original pirate material, as long as you don't like hardcore rap kind of shit only, you'll love this, it's this english guy who loves weed, it's like a mellow hip hop, it's real good, download buy do whatever, hear the streets. also lady sovern is good too but nothing better than the streets

2. yeh the first album aint bad, but on the new one he just speaks instead of rapping?? what the fudge is that about????

3. Original Pirate Material is insane. You guys English? 'Cos some of the stuff he says will only make sense if you are.

4. they seem like cool guys based on their views on certain issues, but i just cant get into them...it doesnt show too much talent

5. i'm not english but i understand it

6. Original Pirate Material is the only rap album i've ever bought. The streets are great.

7. I saw them at this festival in the UK called Reading. They were on and he said 'Everybody wave their flags!'. I had a joint on the go at the time so I held it up and started waving it around. There was about 20 000 people behind me and a few of them laughed and cheered, but he didn't see.

Swear I love festivals, nobody gives a shit about weed.

8. i completely disagree. they show a lot of talent, IMHO. i wish they would come to the US sometime. oh well.

9. agreed i'm listening to the irony of it all right now if you know that song... when he raps as an angry drunk and a chilled out stoner... so much talent, pretty good beats too

10. how is rapping like an angry drunk and a chilled out stoner talented? anyone with a british accent could sound like that.

11. listen to the words, he flows so well. it's not just your basic
    a
    b
    a
    b rhyming pattern, which pretty much compromises a good amount of music today, which is sad.