The Strangers

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Killa Whales, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Has anybody else seen this movie? It is one of the only scary movies I will watch because it could actually happen! I don't like any movies with ghosts, exorcism, etc (stuff that is basically make-believe). I've already seen it about 4 times but I'm about to watch it for a 5th time tonight! After a post-showing bowlski I will let you all know how it went :smoke:

2. I've seen it like 3-4 times. Yeah that movie is one of the few that is actually scary, cause well ... it can all happen to you. & the sheer timing of the 'strangers' and mind fucking the victims, man. Its just an intense, fucked up kinda movie. Which I love.

If you like that shit, check out 'The Collector'.

3. yeah man, saw this when it first came out in the cinemas, and had it on my ipod ever since... i think it's a better movie than credited cos of the real events behind it, if in fact they were real? :s (probably not) but there's so many sorts of these stories, botched burglaries and everything :|

they're still going for the sequel right?

4. Duuuude one of my favorites!!!

Alot of people hate on it and I don't get it!

The idea of that really happening is so fucking scary and like you said,the fact that it isn't all that far fetched,is what makes me love it.

I've had random people come into my yard in the middle of the nite and it's creepy as fuck!!!

5. I don't usually get into scary movies, BUT DAMN, that's a good movie. Watched it somewhat drunk in my pitched black living room in the middle of the night and admit that shit is one of the few scary movies that come out anymore.

6. i thought it was pretty fuckin boring

it was funny when dennis from its always sunny got shot in the face tho

7. I saw it a long time ago but I though it was really boring. I guess I'll give it another try sometime soon.

[quote name='"Blazed4dayz"']I've seen it like 3-4 times. Yeah that movie is one of the few that is actually scary, cause well ... it can all happen to you. & the sheer timing of the 'strangers' and mind fucking the victims, man. Its just an intense, fucked up kinda movie. Which I love.

If you like that shit, check out 'The Collector'.[/quote]

The Collector scared the shit out of me though! It was almost too much honestly lol.

8. Well it was just as scary the 5th time as it was for the other 4 times! The scariest part in the movie by far is the first time that one of the "strangers" appears in the house. Liv Tyler is smoking a cigarette in the kitchen and you see the dude with the pillow case on his head appear in the background and she doesn't see him...I still get chills!

Was the Collector filmed in 1965 or is there a newer adaptation?

9. One of the scariest movies of my generation. So dam real...truthfully at the end when the couple is tied up, I kept telling myself WTF!!! At first I kept guessing that maybe the straners were a stocker ex fling with her parents/siblings seeking revenge terrorizing the newlyweds.

I still to this day wanted to know the motive of picking out this couple.

Overall, trippy movie and great suspense.

10. whhhat? this movie was retarded as fuck. everything the people did in that movie was stupid!!

if i was them i would just sit ina bed room with the shotgun pointed at the door, and not fuckin shoot my best friend lol

11. Theres a new version of it. Its gory and pretty fucked up. If The Strangers spooked you, this will too, just as much or even more.

...They did. They thought it was 1 of the 'strangers', cause think about it. Who would be up there in the middle of the woods, come into their house uninvited and make no noise or sound.

I would of came to the same conclusion too, not wait for them to see me and react. And you have to keep in mind the incredible timing the strangers have and the way they terrorize the couple. Its just incredibly skilled and flawless. And you got to give credit where credit is due. I do NOT want to fuck with those people. lol.

12. idk man... the couple in that movie werent very bright. i mean if u bring a knife to a gun fight 9 times out of 10 dude with the guns gunna win, unless ur really close to the guy with the knife. why didnt the best friend call the police when he saw a broken in door and destroyed car in the drive way?

i just didnt find this movie scary in the least it was more frustrating...usually i watch horror to get a good laugh but i couldnt even do that with this movie

13. Lol...
    The strangers had the knives, the victims had the gun right. I haven't seen the movie in awhile. The best friend didn't call for help, cause well maybe he wanted to see what else happened? I don't know. Imagine yourself coming over un-expected, finding the car smashed, door broken into. Wouldn't you go in considering its your best friend and your curious if something happened to him and his wife? I probably would. Upon discovering a body, or someone in need of help, then I'd call the ambulance, police and all.

You got to put yourself in their shoes man. And who knows, maybe there was no cell service.

14. All I remember about the movie was being pissed by how dark every god damn shot was. My television is a piece of shit but there were times when I could not make out what was going on. Was still kinda spooky though.