The story of my own parental bust from days passed...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by whompwhomperson, Mar 27, 2009.

1. I was raised by two conservative, Catholic, and thus quite strict parents. At the time they caught me smoking weed, I had been tokin' for about a year, give or take a few months. I was in my junior year of high school and in an growing phase of my stoner identity. As a part of this growing phase, I had an awful stash spot, though I thought to be clever at the time. I kept my stash and my first, and lovely bowl on the bottom shelf of my bathroom cabinet, assuming no one would ever bother rifling through such a mess. Well, it's the age old tale of snooping parents, or maybe not even snooping, maybe just going through my things to find something else. Regardless, my mom found my stash.

She approached me sternly as I was on the computer, minding my own business, enjoying the end of a great day. She told me what she found and I couldn't exactly deny the fact that I had been smoking, but of course I told her that it was a new thing that I had only tried a couple times. A few minutes later, she called my dad into the room and told him what she found. His reaction was, "YOU'RE DOING POT?!" followed by semi-painful, infuriated choking, think Homer Simpson. My dad's pretty well known for his short fuse and dangerous temper. Anyway, my mom calmed him down and they figured out just where to take me...to the local police!

My parents then seized my journal and told me that I couldn't have it back until the police saw it. Of course it contained frequent stoned entries, writing has always been one of my favorite stoned activities. For a high school girl of such a sensitive nature, having your journal taken and searched by your parents is simply traumatizing. Man, looking back, that was probably one of the worst parts because all they did between screaming at me was mock what I wrote while high. Lame.

They proceeded to take me, my herb (only about 2 g's, if I remember correctly), and my precious bowl into the police station. Of course anyone with half a brain can see what is wrong with that senario, but hey, I was beyond pissed so I watched them make ignorant fools of themselves in front of people whom they thought were on their side. My mom walks up to the counter, slaps my stash and piece down in front of one cop and says, "just look at what we found in our daughter's possession!" Of course the immediate response from the police was, "Ma'am, take that off of my counter right now. Did you know it is a felony to carry drugs on your person into a police station? My suggestion to you is to get that out of here right now, I don't care what you do with it, throw it away, flush it, just get it out of my sight." Obviously embarassed, my mother then asks where she can purchase a drug test. A drug test! After she found my stash, I told her I smoke, and she read my stoned ramblings. A drug test. So they sold her one for fifteen bucks and we went back home so I could take it. Hahah. One of the top five funniest moments of my life was my mother gravely stating, "well, you failed the drug test." No shit!

Well, they flushed my stash and my dad smashed my beautiful first bowl with a hammer. It's still a sore spot, I don't know if I'll ever look at him the same, hah. They threw a bunch of threats at me like how they would be drug testing me every three weeks, and how I would have to drop my extra-curricular activites like the Human Rights Group and Theatre. I didn't understand the logic of that, seeing as how more free time would just give me more time to smoke! Of course they didn't follow through with anything, but they did give me enough hell to make me quit for about six months. Then one day I was watching the Yellow Submarine movie and thought, "damn, this would be so much better with a fat bowl or two." Called up a friend, got stoned, and finally felt whole again.

These days, I've got a vape so I can blaze in the house day and night and no one is the wiser. Unfortunately, my dad still thinks that weed ruins lives, but I'm slowing turning my mom on to the idea of medical marijuana. My mom asks me randomly from time to time if I'm smoking pot again, but I always deny and then take the conversation to, "but even though I don't smoke anymore, you need to understand that it's not the reefer madness plant from hell that you were raised to believe it is." One day I will come out to them as a true-blue stoner and I vow that I will convice them to just give it a try before they leave this earth.

Summary (sorry if this is too lengthy of a tale):
    -Parents found stash, freaked out
    -Took me and herb to police station, looked like fools
    -Made me take a DT after I had admited to smoking
    -Smashed bowl, flushed stash
    -Quit for six months but rescued by the Beatles:smoking:

2. Fummy story LOL. I can't believe your father choked you though, if my dad did that to me or any of my sisters I'd probably knock him out. Sorry to hear about everything though.. It's really messed up though when parents intrude on privacy, I completely understand about a girl and her journal. That's messed up your parents are lucky they didn't get locked up hahaha. When my mom first found my bong, I don't think she ever told my dad because she knows how he is. Ignorant to everything about it and would have have a real short fuse to it just knowing that's what one of his kids were doing, he would flip. If he found out I did at parties a couple times it'd be cool, but find out I blaze in my room all the time...it'd probably be a problem.

Anyway, when my mom found my bong she would ask me what is that? what's it called? What do you do with it? What is it coke? LOL just really clueless to everything. I was like mom it's nothing bad, that's a bong and it's used to smoke marijuana. Marijuanas harmless and told her everything, not so bad.

Well good luck getting your parents to see the truth.

3. That's really messed up, but I hope writing about it helps. Sometimes your parents do things so awful that it sticks with you for the rest of your life. Just be honest with yourself and your feelings and be yourself. Sorry if that sounded corny, the yelling and the abuse kind of resonates.

4. How long ago was that?

5. u got shit parents

6. Oh god that was great! :hello: haha "Your doing pot?!" just that line made me laugh, parents are great! :p

7. Your father choked you, and thinks that voilence against your children is ok but smoking a little pot isnt? Hmm... I mean, I belive in beatin' the crap out of your kids, as long as it's not abusive and excessive, but I would put that kind of thing on a different level than abusing any drug, even if I did think marijuana was the worst drug possible.

8. I would have told the cops that you're mom was on an acid trip and that it was her weed that she brought to the cops LOL

9. Hahah. good story. Damn

10. hahahha, ive been down that road. after i admitted to my parents i smoked, they said they were going to drug test me. then threatened to take away my art materials, my markers and paint for writing, my playstation and all that jazz. they obviously didnt see there own flawed logic and pretty much forced me to go smoke again haha.

11. lol the way the police reacted made me laugh. Thats a pretty crazy story though

12. wow sorry to hear that....
    i recently had to tell my folks and my dad almost laughed haha..he goes...we grew up int eh 60's and 70's we were kings and queens of that kinda stuff....haha i was like, oh..well that wasnt so bad haha...and im glad they know now..liberating..

your parents, not to sound mean, but....they sound ignorant and stupid. anyone that doesnt let their kids make thier own decisions, obviously dont trust their own parenting.

13. No offense intended by this statement even though it will come off as this way. The parents are catholic so that shows something of their ignorance right there.

14. GTFO. Would you call a Muslim or Jew ignorant because they don't eat pork? Dumbass

You're obviously the ignorant one

15. i dont agree with either of you. relax your status, he was stating what he believes too, your intollerence of his ignorance is intollerence all together. so dont shit a brick and watch your step.

ehh fuck it ill go on a limb and say protect ya neck too. YEAH

and as for crowic... just because somebody believes a certain thing is true, does not mean they are ignorant. its obvious you just dont like catholisism, and think its bogus. thats great, but before you start spittin how ignorant somebodies parents are, maybe you should know them a little better.

16. Your dad choked you?! You're a girl, though...that's like...rape. :laughing:....no, rape is not funny.

:laughing:

17. No...I would call them ignorant for many other things. :p GTFO my cock, bitch. Here, let me -rep myself for you.

18. ignorant because they've found a bit of closure in the universe?
    while you sit on your soapbox wondering why the world is the way it is,
    they'll be on to something else, seeing as they've chalked everything
    up to [some deity].

something, dare i say it, productive?

pull your head out of your ass and start picking up on the different
    scents of life, brosephene

19. I find all religions very dumb, because there is absolutely no evidence to support them. Am I saying they can't live like that? Obviously not, people are free to do whatever the hell they want. But not doing things that are extremely enjoyable with almost no negative side effects simply because some book says so is pretty dumb to me.

20. Thats pretty harsh man( i mean girl), but i too had an abusive father when i was very young and it fucked me up for a while, and that wasnt even related to weed. I cant imagine having parents so strict, but that bit with the cops was priceless, oh and it would have been even betetr if your mom got possesion charges right there in the station. btw im a girl also just to confirm my post, why is it the dad that beats the daughter always