The story of Gaddafi and the Gold Dinar

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DaDankSkunk, May 10, 2011.

1. #1 DaDankSkunk, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuqZfaj34nc]YouTube - Gaddafi gold-for-oil, dollar-doom plans behind Libya 'mission'?[/ame]

Thoughts?

2. The Libya conflict has been fishy from the start.

It was learned recently that the Federal Reserve siphoned money into a bank owned by Gaddafi.

The entire justification for the conflict was quite shaky. Sure, Gaddafi was doing bad things to his citizens, but so do dozens of other countries. The no-fly zone was a transparent lie.

I don't know what to think, but it's clear the Government is lying.

Oh wait... that makes me a conspiracy theorist.

3. Time: Saddam turns his back on Greenbacks (November 2000)

dun-dun-dunnnn

4. I wonder who is going to seize Gaddafi's 8th wonder of the world?

Controlling fresh water in the Sahara desert > than exporting oil

5. Nice finds there!

I always had a feeling there was more to this than just oil.

I mean, we absolutely have the capabilities, the government that is, of producing and using vehicles that don't require oil, yet it looks like the economic factor seems to be the most important.

I used to think the US and NATO could do anything, but we're starting to see a clear obstacle in the way of the US.

The axis of evil are all nations that are independent of the global economy and in fact, they're somewhat supported by the Russians and the Chinese. The countries of southeast Asia, China, India, Africa and Iran all seem to be forming their own economic circle. Although it is partially in junction with the US, it seems as though an economic rift is starting to break the surface.

The US and NATO however are trying their best to stop this from happening.

6. You have to know something is wrong with the world when this thread doesn't have 5+ pages like all of the other bullshit threads do.

The fact that the hostilities towards these countries has to do with an over bearing world economic system should be the top headline on every news paper.

7. All US conflicts always come down to the dollar. I can't wait for it to collapse(For the sake of the world)

8. I think it's a well know fact that America doesn't do this kind of stuff to protect people and bring about democracy. That's gotta be the biggest lie.

9. #16 Limecat, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    Courtesy of the Mises Community:

The War in Libya and Central Banking - The Mises Community

Alexander Cockburn: What's Really Going On in Libya?

Ellen Brown, author of the terrific [ame="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1567513360/counterpunchmaga0979560829/counterpunchmaga"]Web of Debt: the Shocking Truth About Our Money System and How We Can Break Free[/ame], wrote recently about the rebels’ sophisticated financial operations in the following terms:

“According to a Russian article titled “Bombing of Lybia – Punishment for Ghaddafi for His Attempt to Refuse US Dollar,” Gadaffi made a similarly bold move: he initiated a movement to refuse the dollar and the euro, and called on Arab and African nations to use a new currency instead, the gold dinar. Gadaffi suggested establishing a united African continent, with its 200 million people using this single currency. During the past year, the idea was approved by many Arab countries and most African countries. The only opponents were the Republic of South Africa and the head of the League of Arab States. The initiative was viewed negatively by the USA and the European Union, with French president Nicolas Sarkozy calling Libya a threat to the financial security of mankind; but Gaddafi was not swayed and continued his push for the creation of a united Africa.

“And that brings us back to the puzzle of the Libyan central bank. In an article posted on the Market Oracle, Eric Encina observed: ‘One seldom mentioned fact by western politicians and media pundits: the Central Bank of Libya is 100% State Owned. . . . Currently, the Libyan government creates its own money, the Libyan Dinar, through the facilities of its own central bank. Few can argue that Libya is a sovereign nation with its own great resources, able to sustain its own economic destiny. One major problem for globalist banking cartels is that in order to do business with Libya, they must go through the Libyan Central Bank and its national currency, a place where they have absolutely zero dominion or power-broking ability. Hence, taking down the Central Bank of Libya (CBL) may not appear in the speeches of Obama, Cameron and Sarkozy but this is certainly at the top of the globalist agenda for absorbing Libya into its hive of compliant nations.’”

Fed Bailing Out Qaddafi

10. honestly, the Gold Dinar would have been the best thing to happen to this country

the U.S gov't got a little violent wouldn't you say?

Gaddafi just wanted gold instead of paper money for his resource.

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhwn1isdv0c]YouTube - Iraq Vs Libya - Where are the protesters?[/ame]

12. Kylesa, I love that video for a few reasons - my favorite # is 333 - I see it everywhere. :eek:

Of course I like it because of Ron Paul. Gotta love the good Dr! And lastly, it's an anti-war video. I've got some data I am working on for a MIC thread...should be a good one!