The State

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bkadoctaj, Nov 26, 2008.

1. How's it going to be? Check the poll.

2. States in general, or a specific American (nation)state?

3. http://globalpsychics.com/enlightening-you/prophecy/mayan-calendar.shtml

I dunno, i really intuitively feel the new cycle we've just entered (mayan calendar) which is the sixth day. I don't comprehend it enough, i only feel it, so i guess check out that site, among other theories about the cycles in the mayan calendar and how they affect human consciousness, since it sort of goes hand in hand with the direction i feel the world is going

4. It will remain as long as humanity does, unfortunaly. I don't see a self-ruling government anytime soon.

5. we have states, just like europe.. i dont think it will change for long time...

u cant have one big nation with no states or small county, it wont work that way...
    smaller it is, better it is to control,

6. #6 Perpetual Burn, Nov 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2008
    The State will decline inversely proportional to the rise of human-computer interface.

7. "The state", as we know it currently, or "the state" in general (all aspects of American government, as it has progressed, over time)? I suppose I am a bit confusedddd.

8. my guess is people are eventully going to open their eyes and get really really pissed off. dont know it that will help though

9. i really believe in what the venus project is offering.
    of course i believe it must be "violently abolished" but the venus project starts making the prospect of a completely self susstaining, technological civilaztion with minimal laws, thanks to advanced technology.

it is the only way in my opinion to achieve such a society. nothings perfect, but its better than what we got going on for us.

10. scoobydooby67 recently gave me a good suggestion, check out Utopia by Sir Thomas More. I forward it to you.

11. sure thing.