The Start of a Project. . . .

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by the heater, Oct 25, 2010.

1. I write this as a record; as a way to remember how it feels to be alive. The unsavory real world lurks around the corner of only 27 more months of college decadence. After that. All is lost. There will be rules, and money, and jobs, and bosses, bills, and life. So it is vital to remember these days, for they very well be my most valuable. However, as I am so fully absorbed into the moment, my brain must fully focus on absorbing raw data and interpreting it properly and that simply leaves no room for storing the data. My memory sucks. So I'm writing. I don't know exactly what will become of this, but it will be the artifact of my being. Proof that I existed. A study of who I am, and what it all means.

2. can ya dig it?

awwww yeeeee

3. I am so much more than me. Surely I'm every note I ever heard Jerry Garcia play. I must have a bit of every Merry Prankster's laugh in me. My dusty footprints are the image of Kerouac's. I am a summation. A puzzle, that started with just a few pieces – the influences of Mom, Dad, and the suburban dream. But slowly new pieces appeared. Fierce feeling forcing new ideas. Independence. Rebellion. Love. Fun, for the sake of fun. Learning. Sex. Experience. All of these woven together and inseparable like the smallest threads on the largest tapestries.

4. I'm right there with ya.

Problem is, you should bury or hide the project. The internet can flash away:devious:

5. Hockeyman - I definitely agree, that's why I am keeping a hard copy of everything I write (this is my first venture outside of poetry). However, there is something exciting about sharing a part of me with the world by putting these words out there for everyone to have. Once I press "submit reply" my thoughts and feelings are no longer mine, they belong to the world.

10/25/10 – 9:28 AM
    \t
    \tLegacy. What kind will I leave? I speak as if it is a forgone conclusion that I will `create some permanent impression on this planet where I temporarily exist, when really, there is no such guarantee. How many farmers, thinkers, and high priests have been lost in time? From Mesopotamia to Mississippi, how many love stories never found their way into poetic prose. The majority of moments end with the experience, never to be recalled.
    \tBut it is not always so. At this very moment there are nuns in a studio beneath the Vatican working tirelessly to restore and preserve precious works of art. Tapestries 500 years old, sculptures 1,000 years, paintings – 2,000. The creations of beings just as human as I. Did these artists know what was happening while they worked their magic? Could Michelangelo have realized that the brush stroke he was making would be cherished for thousands of years, by people he would never meet?
    \tSo what will be my legacy? Will I create anything that the world is so desperately afraid of losing that they work to keep me alive through it? I don't know.