The Stand

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Trueblade, Nov 14, 2010.

1. An oldie, that mostly got swept under the rug.

Clearly, the book is a classic, but I thought the 6 hour show was fairly good as well. I mean, when you watch it, you clearly notice all the cheesy 90's stuff, but it's a pretty good story.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsMp2pZK-Cw]YouTube - The Stand Movie Trailer (1994)[/ame]

Best bet is to download it via torrents though.

Do note, the advertisement is totally ancient. The show itself is not quite that cheesy.

2. #2 Uzumaki, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
    *Spoilers*

The ending is actually pretty funny, with Mother Abagail appearing in the glass after the first plague free baby was born saying some super cheesy shit that was in no way written by Stephen King lol, last time i saw that i started laughing at what was really quite an inappropriate moment! Ill say the same thing about the movie as i do about the book, the first half is a detailed and extremely entertaining look at the world totally falling the fuck apart.... and the second half is only enjoyable by Evangelical Christians! Ok so that's an oversimplification, sue me. i didn't like a-lot of the second half! like 200 pages took place in a fucking snowmobile with a dying deaf mute and a retarded guy searching for antibiotics! You Kidding me King! I trusted you!!!!! M-O-O-N That Spells Pretty good movie and/or book but seems to get less enjoyable the longer you watch/read. Which is sad... the first half was so damned unabashedly awesome!

3. Molly Ringwald is one of the best character in the Stand..I really like it..:hello: