The Speeding Ticket Thread

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Bouldorado, Aug 10, 2011.

1. you're such a badass

2. I argued that accelerating to pass on a two lane road when the other car is legal and pursuant to an RCW law here. I cant remember the specific one but I'll find it as i wrote a letter.

Anyways, the law gives you permission to accelerate to pass a slower moving vehicle. The reasonable limits are not defined or some shit and of course they bought it.

I see people go in and try to argue shit and they are never prepared.

I have a failure to yeild for a pedestrian (they were doing a sting and i literally would have had to stand on my brakes to stop) completely dropped.

I have 2 speeding tickets that I've contested 1 cop never showed second I won.

I only have 2 speeding tickets on my record. This one and another same city for 45 in a 35 or something stupid like that

My others are two no insurance tickets. But i dont even those are on there as both times i only paid processing fees and the judge took my proof and i think through the tickets out.

3. when a ticket is dismissed a.k.a. thrown out it will still be on your record but listed as dismissed.

4. 84 in a 65. The highway was wide open. The truth was that my brother said the car shook at 80 and I wanted to confirm this. I didn't tell that to the police, I just accepted the fine. That's about it.

Gas is expensive these days. I don't speed like I used to when I was 16 when it took less than 15 to fill my tank

5. Let's all hail this guy...12 more mph and hed be back to the future:hello:

6. 2005 honda civic. i can shift at 6500 rpm and still get about 25-30 mpg.

7. It's crazy I've never had a speeding ticket. And I speed :0

I have gotten like 4 warnings in the past 2 years though, all of them with a lot of buds in my car and all 4 when I was either just done hot-boxing or going to get some . Scariest shit ever.

8. #48 Buzzedupsnowman, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2011
    Let's see...

1 school zone going 35 during 20, didn't know I was in an active one tho. The kids in that town get out at a different time than the ones in mine.
    1 incident of driving 45 in a 25 because I thought I was in the country.
    1 incident of speeding 15 over in a 70 zone.
    Another in which I was doing 35 in a 25 but the cop let me go.
    And another going 75 in a 60 but the cop also let me go so I could get to the mountain and shred some pow.

One more ticket and my license is suspended. I'm terrible.

9. technically only have one ticket on my record so no worries yet but who knows when the next will strike. i have a habit of going about 100mph in a 55 on this road we have. it's kinda like a highway but for about 3/4 of it there are no traffic lights and it's one big circle in the city. if you want to look it up the road is called "New Circle Road"

10. ive gotten a few.

the first two were warnings

after a half day of school i was going downtown with a friend. came off of the corner just plain driving fast (16 yrs old, what do you expect). cop tagged me and pulled me over. not only that everyone who was walking down town from school got to see my dumb ass pulled over. Got off lucky with having my friend in the car because in MA, you cant have anyone else except family in the car for the first 6 months. I had my plastic copy so i got off of that.

I was driving back from my grirlfriends house around midnight july 4th, and in her town theres a stupid fucking speed trap (35-20mph). i was going 30. Cop did his usual any alcohol/drugs in the car question. Got a warning for 10 over and a loud exhaust citation. (which almost ended up with me losing my license cause i never paid it)

My first ACTUAL ticket. I was running late to work, so i was on the highway. I had my cruise control set to 75, and for some reason in my car if i hit a bump the right way it kicks the cruise off. that happened and i said fuck it so i brought it up to 80. Apparently there was a cop following me since i got on the interstate and i got pulled over. i think it was a 90 dollar citation. was late to work. everyone in the office knew it (including my dad) Paid that shit. done

I was driving to my cousins house (aka my second home) I came over the hill going past a walmart in NH, (speed was 40, i was doing 50) and a cop tagged me going the other way. i told him i must have lost track of my speed and he wrote down i was doing 47 instead of 50 for being honest with him. 60 dollar ticket.

being the usual person i am i was running late to work so i was cruising the interstate doing 85. Now i should have known that there was going to be a cop hiding behind the message board telling the people about the detour on the highway. He pulled me over. 135 dollar ticket. FML

those three all happened last year...because of that I cant even get a job driving parts around for auto parts stores because im a liability...and im a damn good driver

11. going fast after being too late for work doesnt change anything man... just drive normal and chill, if you are 30 or 40mins late isnt gonna be a big difference... in my "penalty class for speeding" was a girl that went 80 in a 45 zone ... coul take the buss for 3 months :D bad luck i guess cause ive been there.. fastest/dumbest it gotten was 100 in a 45 but afterwards i learned it jus doesnt make that big of a difference /just sayin

12. oh i know. shit happens. i was just trying to make it there on time (excuses) but i learn from my mistakes.

13. we all learn it the hard way :D in my above post i forgot to mention that the girl that went 80 in a 45 was on her last day of "license probation" (2years after you get your license where tickets are much worse than afterwards) and thanks to my first ticket i still have 1 year and 3months left fuuuu

14. I got a story behind most of mine (like 7). Too lazy to write up some crazy stories right now though.

15. i think the cop just felt bad cause of how lame the excuse was. basically your saying that you were going 25 behind a car because it was going 10 under and then you decided to pass the guy but when you passed him you made a 50 mph misjudge lolol wack ass excuse

16. I thougt whwn yo were going to pass, you make sure you have space to pass, floor it and pop into the other lane, keep on the gas and pass them, then get back over? That method will usually lead me to ~70mph.... Or my parents taught me wrong :confused_2:

17. I'm pretty good on speeding for now. Got popped doing 120 and gaining traveling from golden to boulder, that ticket dropped to a 1pt obstructed view an 70$.

Then I got a ticket for doin 92 (that's what the cop got after I slammed on the brakes) in a 65. 6 pt mandatory court appearence. Judge gave me the opportunity to take a driving class. Since I have more points then I do time or money right now, I asked to just receive the ticket. She flipped shit and is now charging me with contempt of court, threatening up to a year in jail and up to 10,000$ in fines. ITS A SPEEDING TICKET, NOT A F#%KING DUI!!! So now I have to get a lawyer, get started on community service, all to please this power tripping Nazi.

It's kind of funny actually, I tell her I don't have any money and don't have any time cause I'm working two jobs and going to school, and this is what she's charging me. Oh and she called me a menace to society, how ironic....

18. The only speeding ticket I've every gotten was 92mph in a 65, the cop overreacted and ripped me out of the car when I pulled over. Searched through my car trying to find anything illegal but lucky I was clean at the time, after about 45 minutes of tearing through my car he gave me my ticket and told me to have a nice day.

19. in my state they have to ask for permission to search your car. speeding is not probable cause.

20. I got a $1,337 ticket for going 111 in a 70 in Georgia. Cruisin down I-75 (I think) going over 90 the whole time. About an hour after I made it into Georgia from Florida, I was in the left lane when there was a bridge coming up. Right over the bridge was a cop and as soon as I crossed under that bridge, he was right there to the right. I saw him, said fuck, and before he was behind me I was already pulling over. Had my sister and her boyfriend in the car, as well as a bong, a grinder, and a scale. Told him I was moving from Florida to Chicago, went back and wrote my ticket, and I was on my way.

fun fact: didn't do an oil change on the mustang when I bought it or when I left on the trip (which was very dumb) but when I got to Chicago, my dad showed me how to do my first oil change :hello: . There was HALF OF A QUART of oil on that trip, and it was dirty as all hell too. 302s FTW!!