The Source of Evil

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by InfiniteKnowing, Feb 11, 2011.

1. #21 Greentung, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2011

lol cmon, good/bad.

your assuming that there is a god to beleive that evil is a equal opposite. There is no proof that there is either.

2. Yin and Yang shit brotha :)

3. So you see, your definition of evil is quite the opposite of mine.

4. I wouldn't say confusion, I would closer state identity of self. The ability to see both exists within and what you hold onto will manifest itself physically in this world.

5. I agree with you that they were created to experience the other. Just curious why it still exists? What holds it there? Is it an agreement? A choice? A purpose? Or does something else keep it there?

6. I would definitely state that they both exist. I have felt both, I see both, I hear both, the existence of good and evil is very real. My question to you is, what put it there?
    Why does it exist within? How do we learn to let this go?

7. It's purpose is in place so that you are able to distinguish the difference. You wouldn't know how good something was unless you also knew what something bad was. There are many laws in place here on earth that science can point out, however they can NOT explain "why" they follow these laws. You can put oil in a barrel of water, the oil will separate from the water and you will be able to see it if you take a look. Why won't they mix? Why do all things have boundries? Why do all living things have laws in which they must follow? A famous philosopher once said "Because I cannot achieve perfection, the perfect being must exist".

Space is infinite, so is life in it's smallest form. We STILL can't find the smallest living organism under a microscope, is it still the atom? Each time we build a more powerful microscope we find an even smaller form of life, never fails. Truth is we will never find the smallest form of life because life is infinite. Life is infinite yet the creator has laws set on this planet that all living things must abide by....hmmmm. Maybe just in this sense we can see how there is so much more to life than this existence.

8. Upbringing, culture, media, religion, but I suppose its the individual who gives it meaning.

9. money is the source of all evil.

think about it.

10. That is all very convenient. I'm glad you've got that sewn up tight for yourself. I dont buy it. I cannot fathom why an infinite being would form us with human nature, which we are then expected constantly to disregard for His glory. It does not make sense. It precludes that this God would believe that the end justifies the means.
    Evil has the power that humans give it, as well as good.

11. I'm just saying that if you were to accept the idea that "truth" exists - then perfect definitions of "good" and "evil" must also exist.

If we (as humans) each define our own sense of "good" - we ultimately cross others whose definition of "good" will differ from ours. We see this playing out in the world. Wars exists because each side believes they are on the side of good.

The "sin" that God hates is not the so called "wicked" behaviors of man (these are simply the natural consequence of each person doing what they believe will be good for them at the expense of others). Instead, the sin that God hates is when we, in our arrogant finite minds, believe we know what is good and what is evil.

For in doing so, we set ourselves above God.

12. ^^I believe for people to recognize basic elements of good/bad there does not have to be a dictate coming from the hinterland of heaven for us to know it. If I had never heard of the concept of the 'man in the sky' I would know this.
    You say that it comes from Him (no doubt) because he is our Creator. I believe it is a product of our human nature and people do not need a set of mores dictated from on high to know this; it is innate. This has been twisted however for the purpose of serving 'God' in many ways.

13. #33 Greentung, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
    Exactly, we would be better of if we described human behaviour in human terms. Theres a whole range of human definitions we can use such as immoral, unethical, mentally ill, sadistic, power hungry, cruel, etc. Not only does it allow the reader to understand the writers meaning on a human level but it also allows for further discussion and practical problem solving. eg: George Bush's famous quote "the axis of evil" it not only is a unfair generalisation of a range of cultures and individuals but it also acts to dehumanise people making it easier for the politicians to convince the gullable that there is no room for compromise.

14. RoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Another one. just like the other one. This one's just bout burnt to the end, so come on be a real freind. I had the chance to be at Height and ashbury back in the late 60's a couple times. It's something I will never forget. It was a cultural revulution. My last year of high school was full of (what you going to do), At my time is was join the army and pick what you want or get sent to Viet Nam. I got sent overseas and talked my way out of it twice. Hey I'm still here.

15. No not really that just one extreme example. How about a kid who is dragged to church after being caught "wanking" and is preyed for to rid him of some evil spirit. Theres no supernatural force at play, just hormones. :)

16. Not disagreeing. We seem quite capable of eventually corrupting all things to serve our own purposes.

17. #37 Greentung, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011

So at worst we become selfish, greedy or whatever, but does this mean we have made a pact with the devil and are now our minds are poccessed with evil. Christians way of applying their beleifs in the real world end up dehumanising people by not considering human flaws as human.

18. Youuuuuuuuu

As Soulja Boi would say........................

19. "A pact with the devil"?.... I don't believe "evil" is any one person, so when you say this I just want to know exactly what you mean. From what I've seen, evil is more of a power that can be drawn upon and tapped into for selfish gains. Most of the people that tap into this have some unintended consequences, and what they ask for comes back to them but not always as expected due to the infinite vacuum of the ever changing life cycle.

I can tell you a story but most would not believe me on here, but since I have no reason to lie to anyone, I'll spill it for all of you non believers in here.

When I was 10 my father was into the satanic bible and did some crazy shit. I'm not going to tell you how he did it (due to others trying it) but my father would try to contact evil....he did some things, then told me that when he was doing this, he could actually taste the violence....yikes!!. He wished death upon some people and put spells on them. During this 6 month satanic journey, he won the lottery 3 times, 10K, then 15K, then 5K. The odds of this are astronomical, and you can call is coincidence if you want...but coincidences are for people who can't handle alternate realities and things they can't see.

My father hated this one individual so much that he played the last 4 digits of his phone number.....and yes, it came out that night. Most of you won't believe me, but thats fine, I have nothing to gain here, I'm just trying to help you NOT contact evil, because my father's life has been terrible ever since he stopped. Evil gets VERY jealous at times and is vengeful. All you have to do is look at my fathers life since....he's in skid row in downtown LA.

You CAN contact evil, however in my opinion you should NOT. Just so you know, once you contact evil, evil will always contact you. This isn't some part time thing, that's what these people aren't telling you. You get involved in this, and you will be involved for life. You like it in the short term, but in the long run you will regret it. This power that Allister Crowley and all these entertainment minions are bragging about is something that isn't suppoesed to be tapped into here on earth. I don't have a love for the material world, I don't need excess, I'm very happy with the basics.

20. Freethinker - wow...thanks for sharing ^^^^.

I have been called to post on these boards - and what I post is what I feel "called" to post.

You have revealed a very real "choice" that all people make. Yet, many do not realize they have made a choice and are following the path of evil (evil is the concept that you know what is good for you).

Evil can express itself in horrible ways - yet, evil can also appear quite "good"...even "righteous". And, if one desires, evil can be sought - and channeled. God has revealed that many of this worlds most "influential" people are channeling evil to bring them worldly success.

However, truth can also be sought. Understand that evil has one power - and this is fear. Fear is used to decieve. Following fear leads to blindness. Blindness leads to deception. Deception transforms a "lie" into one's truth.

All God asks is that you seek him. You see, God is truth - and when you seek God, you are also seeking for truth. Only God can reveal truth - so you must seek him one on one. As you do, his truth will begin to transform your mind and reveal the deep seeded lies we all hold. Lies that have affected our thinking. Lies that have caused us to misunderstand our surroundings...and have been the source of ALL trouble in our lives.

The biggest lie of all is the one that convinces us "we know better than God". We are afraid to let God create our lives for us because we are convinced we would not want that life. Actually, the exact opposite is true. It is God alone that can fullfil those deep desires you crave in your spirit. And he does so in a way that brings amazing fulfillment. The same God that created the complexity of all things - is capable of creating a "perfect" life for you.

So while it is true you can seek evil (fullfilment of your desires in your way) - which leads to greater emptiness - you can also seek God, truth and an abundant life.

Seek God - and all the things your deepest desires of heart will be given to you.