The Solution: Repeal unconstitutional law (unconstitutional from its inception)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Hank Scorpio, Nov 19, 2011.

1. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T5rIh3_vX0"]Enslaved by Your Birth Certificate - YouTube[/ame]

We need repeal of an unconstitutional law that has filled our prisons with nonviolent pot smokers. The prohibition against marijuana was unconstitutional from its inception.

Well Thomas Jefferson who signed the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution was a hemp farmer. There are documents in Library of Congress where George Washington states that he liked sitting on the back porch smoking a pipe of hemp. Washington also stated "Grow the Indian hemp plant everywhere" In early Colonial times people could pay their taxes with hemp.

Suppressed cannabis activist (she has RUN FROM THE CURE on her channel!)
    paulagloria - YouTube

yellowecotec - YouTube

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikdQQeftqwU&feature=channel_video_title"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikdQQeftqwU&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

2. First, we need to restore the 1st, 4th and 10th amendments in their entirety. Politicians don't even take the constitution seriously anymore. The Patriot Acts I and II pretty much murdered it, and one of the politicians who stood up to fight it was mailed weaponized anthrax. The rest uniformly took their seats. If our government doesn't respect the constitution to begin with, I think it might be very difficult to get them to repeal their biggest cash-cow laws on constitutional grounds.

I do agree with you though. Victimless Crime in general is unconstitutional.

3. #3 wataytay69, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
    I think it takes two thirds of states to repeal before a constitutional amendment can be made??? Not Sure. I know when alcohol was prohibited it took something like two thirds of states to ratify. Same went for the end of the prohibition. Don't know how it will work with MJ. Other than it being a Schedule 1 and there being a required stamp, which cannot be purchased, is there an actual amendment stating that it is and will always be illegal? I know there are various international treaties dealing with cannabis laws across the globe. Wonder how that works when places like Luxemburg and Switzerland decide to legalize. Do political pressures from the US encourage these places to later rethink their plans such as Amsterdam has recently done, making only locals able to use in the coffee houses.

Personally I was hoping for an executive order removing the plant from Schedule 1 and pardons for all nonviolent marijuana offenders nationwide. Both of which I believe could be done by the Executive Branch. Also the Judicial Branch has power to rule in Supreme Court that the law was and is unconstitutional. But for that to happen a case would have to stir up enough fuss for the court to accept it. (its taken over a year and a half for the SC to agree to hear the "Obamacare" law)

Thoughts?

4. I believe all of the U.S. Statutes point to the U.N. Single Convention Narcotics Treaties as the basis for the laws. It's all outside of our own Constitution.
    There is no representation of the people by elected officials at the United Nations. The people should demand seceding from the United Nations as an unconstitutional government outside of elected representation. Once we no longer subscribe the the U.N. and this convention, there would be no more prohibition basis. Of course, this is like asking the uber rich to give up much of their power so things are more fair. Not gonna happen. :rolleyes:

5. #5 Hank Scorpio, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF5DhjjZYWM]Dean Clifford | What Government Has Done - YouTube[/ame]
    the government repeals other laws there is no reason why corrupt laws against cannabis and drugs cant be repealed, inform the public, don't be part of the problem.

We need repeal of an unconstitutional law that has filled our prisons with nonviolent pot smokers. The prohibition against marijuana was unconstitutional from its inception. We don't want legalization of marijuana which leaves the government to control and regulate it. Control=corpoporations can limit the publics ability to be self sufficient, therefore dependant on the corporations. In early Colonial times people could pay their taxes with hemp!

Thomas Jefferson who signed the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution was a hemp farmer. There are documents in Library of Congress where George Washington states that he liked sitting on the back porch smoking a pipe of hemp. Those men would have supporting repealing the laws today. They poisoned George Washington first they drained half his blood and that didnt do anything good, then they finished him off with mercury.

Even Rudolph Diesel who made the diesel engine to run on hemp fuel he was found swimming with the fishes! screw the mafia cartels.

6. OP seems to miss the majority of content posted in response to is posts. We have enough copy and paste warriors on here already. We need more people who are willing to engage in intelligent debate. Particular with issues that have as many complicated and interrelated mechanisms as marijuana prohibition.

To paraphrase OP: Marijuana prohibition is unconstitutional, repeal it!

To paraphrase response: It's not that easy.

If OP spent any time actually reading through other peoples posts, and on the forum as a whole, he would see that every single argument he proposes has been covered to great extent. Most of it is, in fact, common knowledge. Yes the laws are corrupt. Yes the government that supports them are corrupt. Yes, it is all rife with contradiction.

It's easy to point out a problem, particularly with a sympathetic audience. It's not so easy to suggest a workable solution.