The sober life is all about little highs and little lows...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by shadyonedeath, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Its about creating little goals that you as an individual can achieve so you brain rewards you with a 'chemical release' of satisfaction. This is the same principle in MMORPG video games. They function on the psychological principle of: Goal[Obstacle] + Achievement[Success]=Reward[Endorphin release].

This is the same principle in society. It is how the machine uses you for ITS benefit. They [job] give you little obstacles or you create your own [hobbys], you achieve them, then you get the reward. Keeps everybody level. Now, when it comes to cheating this self-sustaining 'machine'. Drugs. Society doesnt like drugs, why? Because drugs don't help the society. Drugs cheat this reward equation and give you all the reward you want, sometimes more reward than you can handle.

This is why drugs are bad. Mmmkay. (according to society; whom we deem supreme overlord to all living humans...just because.)

So, what happens when someone wants to get more reward withOUT drugs and through society? Power. Power = Satisfaction = Reward. Now we have sociopaths who thrive on power, sluts who thrive on power of lust, power of money, power of dominance, violence, etc... power is a dangerous thing.

So you see, every universe has its evils. We as a society, choose power. Why? I dunno, maybe because as a whole, we're kept agitated and on edge/stressed with ****ty jobs, lack of security, fragile relationships, if any, and huge ego's. Then violence is pumped out through the media to aid the catharsis of your daily troubles through sex/drinking/violence/etc .

Seems dumb. We should all just worry about getting high like in the underground 'sleep clinic' in Inception and just dream all day. That would be nice.

2. Nice breakdown...Life is just a chemical sack. Gotta get those chemicals by any means necessary...I dont know why but you do...and then you die. And it repeats...

3. So AchievementOfTHC[HIGHer] = AwarenessOfCollectiveConsciousness[LOWer]?

4. This is a very good idea, great read.
    You could even as far to say that, " Money and Power" is the new GOD as it seams that the more money you have the more you are respected by those who want to be like you the most........

What is the order of gods worshipped over time?

---Cavemen worshipped the strongest most dangerouse animals that could kill them, (saber tooth tigers.....)

Take all of these , plus hundreds more.....buddhism, Christianity,Judaism, Islam, Hindu, Scientology, Jehovah witness, on and on and on....... Put them in order and list them to present time........maybe the next god is upon us as "money and power"

It's whet everyone looks up too, money is the fuel that creates the desire for many many people to get out of bed everyday, their only desire.. As the values of current day politics are so tightly connected to the very religions that are the ones that created the monetary system, they have essentially created a higherpower than GOD himself and thats money....families, relationships, communities have been destroyed in the pursuit of having more of it. Countries, people, forests, deserts, rivers, animals, habitats wiped away in desire for more of it..

Our current gods have destroyed the gods that used to be worshipped before, like "mother nature" for example......northern American Indians, and Eskimos, or Inuits....as well as the equivelant gods that the aboriginals worship from every continent. Our present day religions are fueled by gold, silver, money, taxes, donations.......MONEY. The more money that a present day religion has, the more it can spend to grow its base of believers.

For example, look at how much money the most present day churches raise in funding......Mormonism, and Scientology.....they don't have the culture or history of the old religions so they replace "stories and scripture" with money and methods of delivery for their sermons to reach their target arguments...thereby growing their worship base. These very new religions have built a ton of wealth over a very small period of time.....

Whats the next GOD? Maybe it is just what it looks like is today, "Money and Power"

This religion "money and power" can only grow at the rate, that is the opposite decline of Mother Nature.

I'm very very high right now, so don't flame on my rit away, not too mention I've been typing this for almost an hour.......

5. i like hamburgers, music, weed, family/friends, and achieving personal goals. my personal goals help maintain my relationship with the rest of the things i just mentioned. self-sustaining system but i still live in society. the things i like would be a lot harder to get without things such as the infrastructures that bring me electricity and communication. yeah there is bad shit around but what's the point in letting that get me down? so the way i see it, maintaining a separate identity from society while garnering a symbiotic relationship with it ain't so bad.

6. We work, we play, we die.

7. More power = more freedom = puts you in a definitive position of lifestyle superiority and ussuallly a perceived (and maybe true) individualistic superiority of others around you = quenches competitive cravings = makes you happier than the next guy you beat. There will always be winners and loser, just be graceful in victory and defeat, and karma wont deliver an unfair fortune.

8. you know what i feel right now?
    i dont feel miserable or angry
    i dont feel good, bad
    i feel, nothing
    it feels great

now back to my place for more pills.

9. More freedom = more power

Why bail out the banks instead of the people? Why shun the Ron Paul Campaign through media outlets and possibly rigged elections?

When you have nothing to lose, then you are truly free...

10. How is a society supposed to maintain itself if it's members aren't willing to offer any service to it? If you want the benefits of the society (shelter, food, relationships, entertainment, etc) then you gotta put in the work. Otherwise you can live in the woods and provide for yourself. Either way you gotta work.

And society isn't some entity that has a mind of it's own. It's the sum of it's members, and each member has, in large, the same inherent nature and desires. A desire for social interaction and cooperation, but also to be successful and greater than your competitors. It's our nature which causes society to develop as it does.

11. #12 Mr. Farmer, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012
    That was a mind-blowing series of thoughts that this sent me on that I can't hardly remember a one of now... LOL. Thanks though, man. Just what I was looking for.

12. I dont even know how I come up with this stuff....sometimes I just hit the bowl, get on this and feel like posting something that bubbles up in my conscious. It's weird...like, I could never come up with this stuff in person to my friends...I have to sit down, smoke, and reflect. Once I write it, its forgotten about...i didnt even remember this thread. It's like my brain wakes up when its high, and goes back to sleep when i'm not.

13. Myself, I love this type of discussion. It's one of the major reasons that I'm on this forum. It's the best.

14. I agree with the first half, but in the second half are you suggesting that people should just kill them self with drugs/alcohol as a way to rebel against "the system" and justifying it by stating that there are sociopaths that are getting high off power? If so, it sounds like you have made an excuse for drug/alcohol use, which is fine, the problem is that you are ignoring the down side of drug/alcohol use. I agree that all drugs should be legal because I don't think drug/alcohol users should be put into jail/prison for their drug use. But I also think that increase numbers of rehab centers should go along with full drug legalization. Drugs/alcohol are capable of messing up peoples lives.

15. If I'm not mistaken I think he didn't meant to use drugs in excess or at least don't be stupid and do heroine , but do the ones that give us the feeling of reward without having a negative impact on others around us. Taking drugs to give us a reward as an alternative from taking part in the inhumane dog eats dog system. Why struggle in some rat race when there are more losers than winners , when you can drop your expectations feel at peace and just get high.

16. Yea man that's it.........the government can't operate without internal struggle....if we all got along and chilled out they wouldn't know who to pander too.

17. there just aren't enough hours in the day to respond to all these paranoid threads, but society really isn't that bad.

18. I would rather die than live a sober life. I say that because I need that release from "reality," and I know I couldn't do it. Kind of fucked up, I realize that. At the same time, I bet many would agree with me.

19. Yeah, there's no real shortage of drug addicts in the world.

To the op, I'm sure there are more alternatives to being a superficial materialist than drug use.