The Smoking Fish

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gearfish, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Hey, I'm Ryan, last name Fish (hence the title). I'm the guy that people turn to when we realize we don't have a bowl made. I can make about anything and at the time of this writing I have 2 bongs, Sally and Sexy. An elephant, a six-inch spoon with a waterless perc in the stem called Titan (useless but cool), a chillum, a freestyle piece called Kuji, a bubbler named Chaos and, last but not least, the piece that started it all, my workhorse: Old Blue. I kind of love glass.

I started smoking, at this writing, two years ago. I just had a pretty life-changing experience that involved losing half my thumb and realized, "Oh shit, I can't die without trying that (to quote Dave Chappelle) sweet, Sweet Cheese!" So I talked to a buddy and he hooked me up with possibly the shadiest deal I've had since. He took a mad pinch off the bag since I was completely new to smoking. I carved my first piece from a branch and it was basically a dugout. It worked but got clogged to shit. I talked to the same buddy and he told me how pieces work. I remember being confused as shit when he was talking about the carb. I thought there was some sort of valve or something, not just a hole.

I went home that night and made my first real piece from a bigger piece of wood. All I can say is, dude... wow. :smoking:

That was probably late October. So fast forward to July, eight months have gone by, during which time I made a piece out of copper tubing and plugged it with a cotton ball. Absolutely the most asinine thing I've ever done. I probably wasted $100 before I realized I was wasting grass. :( I ditched that piece, and entered the world of true toking.

My girlfriend's birthday was in August and we both smoked for the first time together the past September [​IMG]. I had ordered her and I a pair of pieces and a grinder. Not matching. Hers came in the wrong color, but we got an aircraft aluminum 5 piece grinder, as opposed to the acrylic one I'd ordered, to make up for it. I gave her the piece early and we christened em that night. And I've never looked back :p

So that's my story. I hope it was a good read. Peace :hippie: