Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Smell?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Martinsaurusrex, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Hey guys, so I'm interested in making some edibles or tea, and I was just wondering, what are the least smell causing recipes for edibles ? I live on my own and such, but my neighbor above me is kind of a dick, and seeing as how I recently moved in, I don't want to anger my neighbors. So basically, to sum it all up, I want to make some edibles, and I want to get this gnarly high you guys talk about, so if you guys could supply me with info, or direct me where to find what I'm asking for. Thanks. <3

Peace&Love.

2. You're in luck... the best oils, are well-sealed and easily temperature controlled during the entire process, and as a result produce little to no odor. [​IMG] Quickie, stove-top oils, are a bit more risky odor-wise, but even they can be sealed and controlled to some degree.

Oil tends to have a much higher success rate than other more-hasty means of making edibles; pue oil is a great solvent for cannabis glandular material, and it serves a second, very important purpose once consumed as a type of 'vehicle', for causing cellular permeability, and for delivering your cannabinoids right where they need to go!

Any inadvertent odor you do produce, so long as you were being careful at least to some degree, should be relatively mild and should dissipate quickly... it should be much more discreet than if you'd smoked, for instance.

If you follow the below instructions to the letter, you won't detect the odor in the kitchen at all.. you'll hardly smell it when you open the oven! (I have been half way through the process on more than one occasion, with police officers in my home on professional/official business!) It's important to allow it to cool before breaking your seal. While warm, the smell will be detectable when opening your container, but you also want to allow any potential stray volatile cannabinoids and terpenes to settle back into your oil... so let it cool before cracking the seal.
    Your brownies/cookies may certainly produce odor during baking, similar to a hashy vaporizer hit, but you can always opt for an odorless, bake-less recipe to use your oil.

To learn how to make this (or your trimmings...)

[​IMG]

Into, this...

[​IMG]

See the link below:

(First Page, contains detailed information on decarboxylation, or cannabinoid conversion..
    decarboxylation is the process of activating your cannabinoids 'potency' by removing the
    carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor, converting your cannabinoids
    from their acid, to their more potent delta forms):

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Med Grade Bioavailable Canna & Hash Oil, Edibles, Drinkables and more...

The best oils, produce little to no odor during processing, if sealed properly and heated and cooled correctly. You can easily put it in any boxed brownie mix... be sure to read the final paragraph for detailed dosage information.

For cold no-smell recipes, you can try ice cream, guacamole, potato salad, canna BOMBS, truffles, and other cold recipes found in the above link. A cold recipe can be a great place to start when using your oil, because there is no chance that your edibles may be 'forgotten' in the oven (;)), and you will not risk promoting further degradation with heat:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A fun hot recipe that produces very little odor, and should easily be contained within your apartment/kitchen, would be canna candy.. the oil becomes enveloped by the sugar very quickly, and hardens quite fast when the environment is relatively cool and dry (this can be a good time of year for candy making). It just takes knowing how, and when to add your oil, to the candy :)

-"Meddy" Moose Pops-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Philosopher's STONES-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have fun, and good luck!

3. Oh wow! That looks awesome! I'm going to have to pick up like an ounce of mids so I can have some fun with this ! :D

4. No disrespect but BadKittySmiles it always seems like you copy and paste your answers from your huge thread. Don't get me wrong though, the information you give us is very informative and helpful, just wondering though.

5. When you come here to pitch in on a daily basis, you see a lot of the same questions every day :)

And there's nothing wrong with that! Many folks don't have time to go through every thread for the answer they seek. Rather than re-typing the same information, day in and day out, it's much easier (and usually very-welcomed) to share excerpts from previous threads and similar topics. Photos also help to get the OP's creativity going. And in this way, I can concisely and reliably share the same information, without 'favoring' any one reply over another due to a lack of time. Usually, the poster has never seen it before, and several others who wander into the thread because they too are curious about the same question, are also glad for the knowledge they've just discovered.

Hope this helps clear things up. ;)

6. If you dobt mind me asking, could you give me some recipes for some good cannabis tea? I've seen so many different ones, and you seem quite knowledgeable. :D

7. This worjed for me but its not tea...simmer milk with some butter with the weed for like 20 minutes, then add cocoa mix

8. So I literally just heat the milk and then put the bud in? How hot should I heat it? How should I heat it? Microwave? Stove? :O

I'm an amateur to cooking. Although 99% of the things I just asked you I'm sure I could find out... so that's what I'm going to do. :D

9. follow kitty's recipes man, you wont find any better. that thread with all the directions has provided me so many new ways to get faded its ridiculous.

10. I just simmered it over medium heat stove top, stirring occasionally so the milk wouldn't coagulate or whatever. But yeah use bad kitties recipes, although iirc all of them use hash lol.

11. ....You're telling me, that everything in that picture, will get me high? Nnnooooohmygod.

12. If you decarb in the oving it will smell a bit. If you cook bacon at the same time it will cover all the smell. making the oil or butter will not smell its just the oven/decarb that smells.

13. Sure beats paying $5-a brownie or cookie at the dispensary!!
    Thanks for All the great recipes!!!
    Yay!!