The Smell

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Spliffin Bowls, Dec 26, 2008.

1. I finally got my roommates to agree to let me grow so long as we all reap the rewards (which means they'll be investing in it themselves). There are three of us, and I figured I would order 10 hashplant seeds from a specific seedbank i've been advised not to talk too much about.

The grow will be indoors, and I figure we won't plant all 10 at first. If we get enough money for a good hydro system we'll do it that way, otherwise it'll be a few pots in my closet.

How strongly does 3 or 4 plants smell? We never have people over, we always party at friends houses. The only person who goes in my closet aside from me is my girlfriend when she's in town, but she's ok with it as long as she gets hers.

2. They will stink!I started to flower my first bagseed grow before I had a carbon filter. Smell was very strong all of the time. Also it did my head in when I had no weed to smoke but could smell skunk! I bought a filter after a few days and can say its much better. I can now only smell my plants if I go right upto them.

There may be cheaper ways to deal the the smell, read the threads. Ive not tried any other methods but can say that a carbon filter works a treat.

3. You're setting yourself up for failure.

Even without odor problems it's going to be difficult to finish that grow without someone opening their mouth. It's difficult enough finishing a grow when only ONE person knows about it, without telling someone else about it.

Proper
    Planning
    Prevents
    Piss
    Poor
    Performance

You need to make sure you have odor issues contained. If I can smell your bedroom from the sidewalk, you've got problems.

Make sure you have everything planned out before you start.

(If you're not supposed to talk too much about the seed bank, why did you mention it?)

4. I varies by strain, but 3 or 4 plants are going to be noticeable without some way to control the odor.

5. I hate to say it, but that does not sound like good growing conditions.