The SMell of a plant...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by scrantonstoner, Jun 11, 2009.

1. this is a basic question that requires a simple answer...
    How much does the plant smell when growing... i am a college student living in a house with others who would exactly like the idea of me growing a plant so im curious if i could secretly grow it in my closet but if the smell gets to overwhelming i dont even want to bother with the hassle but i just want the free bud hahah

2. My first grow(150w cfl) I had two plants and didn't really notice much smell. On my second grow I upgraded to 250w HPS/MH and I walked my apartment and it reeked like a skunk about 3 weeks into veg. I don't know if it makes a difference but the first grow was soil and the second was DWC. Get or make a carbon scrubber and you should be fine. When I connected mine the smell disappeared.

3. Scratch that idea then.

4. plenty of questions and thank you for the response before i forget.
    1. your first grow you said you used a (150 w cfl) and your second you used a 250w HPS/MH.
    that all means nothing to me and confused me so if you could explain each and the signifigance of both.
    2. again your second grow u used DWC.
    is that some form of hydro?
    3. and what is this carbon scrubber u mentioned.

also does the quality of buds matter with the smell. the pile of seeds i have is divided into 2 groups. 1 being dirt weed and the other is good but not great weed.

thanks again

5. you can have all of those questions answered and more, if you read the stickies and stick around the board for a few days

you are not ready to grow...if you started now, and learned as you went, something will fuck up

6. lol, yup..they get stinky, it smells so good :D

7. ya im not going to bother to try to learn if i know that the smell will b present, thats all i wanted to know... i would appreciate the lack of attitude

8. thanks for most of your responses... im really pissed off cause i wanted free bud... way to ruin my night... blunt time

9. if your roommates dont care about weed then i say grow it. speciall if you always smoke around them. they aint gonnna care. plus you can sell them some of the weed you grow to buy dank bud in your area. lol. fk them and grow it. dont let em in your room lol

10. you know what JCS i like your style... i mean we already have a room in the house with the title bong room used only for smokin and playin n64. i think ill just lock my room and hope for the best... they are goin to have to suck it up

11. word up.

thats the way to go

12. You can still grow. You just need to do some reading first. CFL is those little twistey looking lights you see at the store. HPS/MH has more lumens and better light penetration. DWC is a type of hydro. Use the search function for carbon scrubbers. I can grow in an enclosed hallway apartment and not be able to smell i'm growing while inside my apartment as long as I use my scrubber, without it I'm good as busted. Do a little research before you say fuck it. I grow better shit than I get on the streets and way cheaper.:smoking:

13. N64???? Are you stuck in the 90's?? Anyways, no such thing as free when it comes to this hobby. It gets very expensive and can be much cheaper to just buy bud instead of growing it. Only grow if your doing it as a hobby and not to sell. It will cost your more in the begining to grow your own than purchasing it from a dealer. It only pays off about a couple of grows and you get the hang of it down.

14. mario kart... mario party... still trying to get all 120 stars on mario 64 without cheating... ken griffey junior baseball... blitz... need i say more

Ya im aware of the initial costs but itll be all worth it if i can smoke the fruits of my own labor

15. Yea I remeber Mario Kart and and Mario 64, as well as KGJ BB and Blitz are amazing. You've forgotten the honorable mention of James Bond Golden Eye. I know if you get an X-box you can install an emulator and play all of those, also Mart Kart for Wii is pretty sick you should try it.

Yes, absolutely, the fruit of your labor is better than any weed you can buy. Go for it, but dont be surpise if your buddies take some snippets of your ladies. It's bound to happen.

16. ya if i ever get this plant and have the buds its goin to be smoke out central at my house so they wouldnt have to worry about that:smoking:

17. haha. glad i could help. gl on ur grow. just keep it a secret as long as possible. onces the secrets out u know eveyrbody is gonna want a piece of the pie

18. ya no all i have to do is research research and research

19. hey does anyone know how to cover up the smell of just one plant? i want to grow in my house since i figure i won't have to worry about carrying a cut down plant back to my house. :D help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

20. bump because im wondering the same thing, or if one plant will smell at all?