the sketchiest speeding ticket ever

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by guitarplay, Jun 28, 2008.

1. so i just received my second speeding ticket. The first was fine, completely normal. This one however, was not to say the least.

I was goin to NC so i had a long drive. As i was gettin close i was doin like 70-100 on a 45-55 highway. It was pitch black so all i could see of other cars was their headlights nd tailights. So i finaly get on the right island (i was going to Coralla) but i went past my turn a few miles so i turn around and decided to stop for some gas. I pull in and notice two cop cars in a nearby parking lot just sitting there. So i park at the pump, go inside, and pay. When i come out, there is a cop in front of my car blocking my way out, and another (one that wasnt in the parlking lot) beside the gas station. The officer comes up to me and says he needs to talk to me aobut the speeding i was doin. Im like WTF IS THIS. So i pump my gas and pull up behind the cop next to the gas station. Then the officer that talked to me pulls over and boxes me in. Then a k-9 unit and another cop show up and further block my path. So the cop tells me to get out and i do, then asks if ive been drinking or anything (i was high and had some MJ on me) and then asks if i have any in my car. I said no, so he shone his light in my car and proceeded to process my ticket. He let me off by writing me up at 70 and told me the one cop (which didnt have any lights) had been trailing me but couldn't get my attention to pull over and gave up following me at such high speeds cause it was a SUV.

Now im seriously freaked out like damn am i getting arrested for evading arrest! He then tells me that my speed of over 90 could land me in jail with bail. I didn't know that was possible for speeding. Then after he processes me he starts asking more questions and all the other cops leave. Where am i going, why am i out so late (it was 2AM). Then comes the one question i was dreading... Can i look around in your car. My reactions:

Um id rather not, this already took alot of time and im really trying to go meet a friend...

He bought it thought, and told me it was my hurry that got me in trouble in the first place and to be on my way. Unfortunatly its a mandatory court appearance so i have to go back in August :(

2. that sucks man, but you overdid it with the speeding.

3. Not sketchy at all, but I never stop at a facility where the police are at. Avoid confrontation at all costs!

Nice catch at the end there though!

4. [​IMG]

5. When you have weed, you do not speed. :)

6. QFT.

Check it.

7. you better go to court and fight that shit.
    and the cop who supposedly "tailed" you and caught you speeding should have evidence on the speedometer. if not, i highly encourage you to deny it.
    and if he doesn't have it, then he doesn't have any proof that he tried to grab your attention because obviously you would have seen if it he had. i think they're just fuckin with you tryin to make their quota.

8. Yep. The few minutes you lose by going the speed limit are nothing compared to months in jail you could end up serving.

9. go to court. the cop might not even show up for a simple speeding ticket.
    wouldn't that let you off the hook?

10. kek no such thing as a quota for cops bro.

11. radar detector.....

12. yeah watching speeders one cop said "we dont have quota's, just personal goals"

but it could vary from counties.. mistake me if i am wrong though