The Sims?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by R0Y5TON, May 6, 2012.

1. Does anyone else love the sims?

I'm an 18 year old male and ever since I can remember I've always loved playing 'The Sims' some people may call me sad but I've never had that connection with any other game...

The Sims 2 for the PC was so Badass.

I've recently downloaded Sim City 4 and that's brilliant whilst stoned. It took me a good 2 hours high to do something that would of took me half hour sober.

But I do have to say Sims 3 was disappointing.

Is there anyone else with love for the Sims?

2. No, because it makes me actually want to go out and do stuff from sitting there watching me in the game do stuff.

3. Yeah, I loved that game haha, used to play all the time. Never play anymore though

4. #4 Netherrip, May 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    Modifications

5. I loved the sims, it was like my main pc game for the longest time. I remember i was a stupid kid and i didnt undertstand that you needed the base game to play the expansion packs. So i bought hot date at the costco cuz that was the only expansion pack that was there, and right next to that oversized video game box, there was the sims and that was twenty dollars too much for my mom, so Hot Date it was. I left the store happy, but i was soon to be disapointted.

Once i managed to get the main game i got it running finally. I sucked. I guess one couldn't expect a six-year old to understand the basics concepts of managing a virtual family. Predictably, my first familes consited of failed attempts to recreate my family and sterotypical characters. My use of the build tool was extremely primitive. My houses were unplanned mish mashes of random ideas, rooms sprouting up on the lot whenever a need for one arised.

6. #6 Player2, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
    These houses were ugly. They soley consited of bare drywall dividors, doors, and windows. There was no flooring, my sims had to live on dirt floors for their whole lives. the idea that there could ever be a tool to lay down carpet in this world didn't cross my mind for months.

My sister J was going to high school and she had alot of free time. I showed my sister the game and she became intrested. She made her first family, and it became her legacy family. She made herself and the lead singer of Sugar Ray. When I asked her who it was, she told me that it was a friend of my brothers, my brother told me Ray's identiy a few years later.

Once I understood what expansion packs were, I was hooked. I always had to have the next expansion pack. At one point, I've had every expansion pack for the game. Sadly, Hot Date was dropped by a nephew and it cracked. Living large suffered a similar fate. Etiher that, or it got lost. Man. I spent a shitload of money on those expansion packs. Now i just use the sims complete collection. Four CD's.

7. Once I understood the games basics, my creativity was flourishing, i began to experiment. I made large familes. I learned that kids had to get good grades, or its off to military school.

Once, I got overtly ambitous and made a family that consisted of five sims, I think. The house ending up having twenty rooms, sprawlng scross the lot, phones, bathrooms, snack bars, were randomly connected in rooms, garsh wallpaper in every hallway.

Eventually, the house became too much for the game. I only had the base game, but it couldn't load all the crap in my house. The neighborhood screen would freeze, and all u can hear is a female sim watching tv. It sucked. I got better at making houses.

8. Once I began to understand how the game worked, I started making better houses. I also starting to get alot of downloads by now, skins, lots, albums, and objects were packed away in my hard drive. I had all the expansion packs at this point and I kept playing the sims, and i enjoyed the sims 2 but it started to suck to be honest by Bon Voyage. Lucky this was at the end of the series, so the damage is minimal. But this means that the sims 3 would suck ass. And, in my opinon, it really did.

I would write more, but I'm just gonna stop for now. I think I'm going to start playing it again soon. It's alot of fun.