The Simpsons

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Haruto, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Kent Brockman: Ladies and gentlemen, Krusty the Clown!...was arrested today for massive tax fraud. Krusty's years of tax avoision would never have....[into his earpiece]...'avoision.' It's a crime. Look it up. Would never have - ugh......[into his earpiece] I don't say 'evasion,' I say 'avoision'.....would never have come to light if not for a crafty little boy named Bart Simpson.

2. Oil is discovered beneath Springfield Elementary and the newspaper headline is "Awful School is Awful Rich"

Principle Skinner shows Superintendent Chalmers the newspaper, but covers up the 'awful' before the word 'school'

Skinner: Superintendent, we made the front page today!
    Chalmers: Uhhh...what's that say under your hand there?
    Skinner: Oh- it's an unrelated article.
    Chalmers: It's an unrelated article.
    Skinner: [nods]
    Chalmers: Within the banner headline.
    Skinner: Yes!

3. I don't really like the Simpsons that much... I just don't like the characters that much and the plot is never that good. 

I watched the newest episode about Krusty the clown and it wasn't even that great. Like when his father died all he said was "EH". I don't find that funny at all :confused:

Family guy isn't any better. I won't watch it anymore because of the rape joke from the last episode.

I thought that was completely inappropriate and I refuse to watch it now.

4. Bart has to get up at 4:00 AM to assist Principal Skinner with his amateur astronomy as a punishment

His alarm goes off and the radio comes on

Radio announcer: Top of the hour, time for the morning news...But of course, there is no news yet, everyone's still asleep in their comfy, comfy beds. Good night, everybody.
    Bart: [groans]

Hmm Ill check it out, I love a good rape joke. Thanks for the tip.

Attached Files:

7. Homer: Marge! Look! The doll's trying to kill me and the toaster's been laughing at me!

[​IMG]

8. Ralph Wiggum has the best 1 liners for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9MTejMEUJU

9. I think overall, Groundskeeper Willie is my favorite Springfield resident. But my favorite moments come from the slapstick jokes of the early seasons.

I can't find a clip, but the scene that always comes to mind is in the one where Bart and Lisa play hockey against one another. They're in the bedroom and start to fight, with each one saying that they'll just be "flailing their arms like this, and if you get in the way it's your own fault." Marge hears the shouts and goes to investigate, leaving Homer in the kitchen with the strict instruction not to eat the pie cooling on the oven. Homer starts chomping air and says, "if you get eaten, pie, it'll be your own fault." He proceeds to smash his head on the vent above the stove (and then eats the pie).

Cracks me up just thinking about it. :laughing:

10. Youll never really get how wonderully absurd that show is till youve had a couple bowls and sat down to watch it lol. I def prefer old school simpsons though, the plots were a little deeper and the characters were more too.

11. I LOVED the simpsons.
    When they starting doing celebrity specials I stopped watching. Just wasn't funny anymore.

12. Yeah we used to watch it religiously when I was younger.  We would wait for the new episode every Sunday and watch madd re-runs during the week.

Can't say I watch it anymore either.

13. Agent Johnson: This is Agent Johnson from the FBI. Be on the lookout for a 1936 maroon Stutz Bearcat!
    [the car drives directly past Wiggum]
    Chief Wiggum: Eh, that really was more of a burgundy...

[​IMG]

14. Let em go Lou. Someone going that fast has no time for a speeding ticket...

15. #35 IDTENT, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
    I've always thought Hans Moleman was the funniest character. He'd randomly appear in episodes and terrible things would always happen to him :D. He even seems to be killed in some episodes, and yet never really seems to die :laughing: .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO2t6LO9oLI

16. Patty and Selma are my favorites.. And Mr. Burns

17. The garbage men stop picking up the Simpsons' trash after Homer insults them

Marge: Homer, that crazy lady who lives in our trash pile attacked me again.
    Homer: That's not the way she tells it.

18. [SIZE=10.5pt]Bart: [reading Homer's cue cards] Hello, Mr...Kurns. I bad want...money now. Me sick.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Homer: Ooh, he card read good.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Bart: So, pick please me, Mr. Burns.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Homer: It's Kurns, stupid![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Marge: No, it's not![/SIZE]

19. Calm down, you're going to give yourself skin failure

20. Can't sleep, clown'll eat me.