The Shield - Season Finale Discussion

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by The Duke, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Did anyone catch the season finale of The Shield tonight?

*MAJOR FUCKING PLOT SPOILERS LOOK OUT*

I can't believe Shane killed himself, Mara, and Jackson... that shit was crazy. I can't even believe Vic let Gardocki get arrested, I kept thinking he had a plan...

But in the end, all those crooked bastards got what they deserved. They may have did some good, but they did too much wrong shit to deserve real freedom. It's just too bad so many innocents got taken out in their path.

The ending is a major cliffhanger though... perhaps this isn't the last we've seen of Vic Mackey?

For those that haven't seen it or would like to know the finale...

*END MAJOR FUCKING SPOILERS*

So what do you all think?

2. Can't believe nobody watched The Shield!

3. Amazing, I'm the only person who watches The Shield here at GrassCity?

4. I love The Shield. The finale was insane. I kept thinking Vic had a plan for Ronnie too at first.

Honestly though, I don't see Ronnie doing time. There is no physical evidence and nobody left alive as a witness to any of their crimes. All they have is Vic's confession, and I guess they could force him to testify at Ronnie's trial.

I can't see him getting convicted though.

5. I dunno, they did a lot of shit. The only thing I remember them really pinning on him 100% was the Armenian Money Train shit.

What did you think about Shane's murder/suicide?

6. They didn't pin the money train on him. It was just one of the examples Dutch used in a very vague arrest.
    They don't have any evidence on it. It doesn't matter how much shit they did. If there was physical evidence for any of it they all would have gotten arrested earlier.

I wasn't shocked with the suicide. I had a feeling it might happen, and then I read a spoiler about it the day of the finale so I knew it was coming.

Still though, it was a very powerful scene.

7. Well when Vic confessed to ICE, he gave them enough evidence to put on Ronnie Gardocki. Not to mention they had Ronnie on tape dropping off that money to Corrine.

I was shocked when Shane killed himself, and his wife and kid. I guess it was expected after he found out he lost any and all leverage over Vic since Vic took the ICE deal.

The ending was a cliffhanger, I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't the last we've seen of Vic Mackey.

But for Ronnie, think about it... how would he get any defense in court? There's nothing to show he WASN'T a part of it, and they have the long confession of Vic from ICE, and the tape from The Barn. There's way too much circumstantial evidence to just let him walk anyway. It was a powerful scene in The Barn when they arrest Ronnie in front of Vic. Ronnie was still upset over hearing of Shane's suicide.

If you ask me, Vic got the worst of any of them. He was free of the charges, sure. They pin him to a desk, his best friends are gone, he doesn't know where his kids are, and everyone knows the shit he did.

Was a great series finale.

8. I thought the series finale was really disappointing, I've watched the shield since the first session and I love the show but all that and in the end Vic gives up Ronny? So fucked up..

I don't see how Vic got the worst end of the deal, Ronny helped put half the people he'll be locked up with away, Shane killed himself and his family... I saw it coming but I figured the dude would just off himself.

I think the end proved one thing, Vic walks away from every situation with his neck regardless of who he has to fuck, all he got was 3 years pinned to a desk? O no poor guy :rolleyes:

I'm still bitter over that whole eposide, 80% of it was the camera pinned on vics face with no sound other than him mooping about.

9. Vic is still human. I guess it comes down to what you think the worst punishment is. Being on the outside, a useless desk jockey that watched everyone you know and love either die, goto jail, or hide from you.

Not only that, but now everyone knows all the messed up shit you did.

Would freedom be worth that? Even to Vic?

10. #10 bonbonbondia, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2008
    Vic totally won out in the end. Sure he has to do a desk job for a few years and he has lost his children -- he had already lost his wife years ago. But he DIDN'T GET ARRESTED and he didn't die. He basically gets to start all over. Besides, I don't think it will be difficult to locate his children in the future. 2 of them are autistic and he is a detective. How many good autistic schools are there in the U.S.? He'll locate his kids Besides in the very end, the final look on his face is not a look of sadness, it is a look of defiance. That mfuc*** got away with it all and even got to rub it in their faces at the barn.

Ronnie got screwed. -- but as my wife said, "that's what Ronnie gets for always being the little bitch follower in the group."

Shane and Mara, I always kinda figured would do a suicide deal. But it absolutely GREAT dialogue when Vic talked to Shane on the phone for the last time. It is because of Vic's closing argument that Shane offed his kid also. paraphrased: "I'll send you postcard in jail from magic mountain [with your kids]". It was a great bit of writing.

11. I don't think Vic had a look of defiance. It was more of a look of anguish, you could tell his blood was boiling as all of the shit was settling in.

I'd like to know what his intentions were when he grabbed his gun and stormed out of the ICE building.

12. I'd have to watch it again, but I remember seeing the whole transition from sadness, anguish to anger and defiance. Starting sad when he is in the chair getting ready to go, then the final look up at the camera on the way out was angry defiance.

13. Could be. I really think Vic was regretting all the shit he had done to end up where he was.

When he was lying to Gardocki about the ICE deal, you could tell he was regretting it.

14. It definitely wasn't a look of sadness at the very end. When he first started putting the pictures of his family out he did look sad. But that changed when he heard and watched the police cars go by. Look at his face when he takes out his gun and puts his coat on to walk away.
    He knows he's gotten out of worse before and he'll do it again.

And as for Ronnie, yeah they have him on aiding and abetting. That's about all I see him getting sentenced for.
    The rest of it is all circumstantial. It's Vic's word against Ronnie's.
    You know there's going to be at least one person on the jury who will probably be thinking, "Look at all the criminals this guy helped take off the street, all the gangbangers, I'm not sending him to prison no matter what the fuck he did."
    If the jury can't reach a unanimous decision do you really think the prosecutor will try again? Not without any physical evidence.

And what do you think he would get for the aiding and abetting? I bet you no more than 2 or 3 years tops.
    It would be pretty tough for him to stay alive those years in prison. But he could make it.

15. The circumstantial evidence is too much.

There have been cases where people get convicted without hard evidence.

I think the ICE confession, Shane going renegade, and Ronnie lying about shit would be enough to get a conviction.

Guess we'll never know. Or will we?

I'm thinking they'll make a follow up movie or something.