The sex of plants (weird or not?)

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Sherak, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Anyone shed some light on a unusual issue...

Got a rake load of auto seeds and up to now swim has been getting almost 80% female plant, this is based on about 20 germinated seeds over a period of time.

The same seeds were given to someone else who isnt me and they have just got 3 fems out of 20..

I was under the impression that naturally there shoudl be more females, also I have read that stress can influence the sex.

Are these results just normal, luck of the draw, results or does it seem a little peculiar?

2. how many total out of 20 germinated?
    how many of the germinated were female?

a couple of things that can change your success rates with germination regarding sex can be stress, temperature of the germination environment, germination technique used.

I have the most success sandwiching the seeds between 2 Wet paper towels

you can give yourself almost 100 percent success rate with females if you switch to clones. most dispensaries and clubs now offer clones in medical Friendly States

the biggest factors I found in sexing are environmental stresses and flat out luck of the draw when dealing with seeds

3. Ta for input... when I say 20 im talking 20 germinated seedling that are grown though to maturity.

first 20 about 16 fems, other 20 in diff enviroment, 3.. just seems odd and was figuring some kind of stress in the other set up gave way to the dominace of the male..

And as for clones, I hear you but you cant clone auto's they are time driven, not photosensitive.