"The Sega Channel"

Discussion in 'General' started by Flemian, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Does anyone remember this amazing innovation of the 90's?

I live in on Long Island and Idk if it was only a local feature since my cable was owned by a monopoly company. No competitors at that time.

Anyway, what it was: I can't remember if it had a cartridge but you would turn on your Sega Genesis and put the TV on channel 3. It would then display a list of like 12 different games that you could play and they would switch every month or so. It was such a brilliant idea for its time. It was only like $5 a month or year.. I was like 6-8 at the time so I don't remember the payment plan.

It was truly a wonderful thing and I miss it dearly. I moved in 1997 and we never added it to the new house :( so I don't know when it was officially taken down.

2. I have very fond memories of Sega Channel :love:

I remember it being like 15 a month, at least where I lived, because my parents wouldn't buy it for us. So, we came up with an agreement where we wouldn't get paid allowance 1 week out of the month to pay for Sega Channel

3. 15?? Wow that's crazy.. I swear it was like 3 bucks a month here on Long Island.