the secret to life

Discussion in 'General' started by since93, May 21, 2012.

1. is that there is none...dont let gurus, priests, etc tell you its the chi, or this or that because there is no one, central secret to life

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fact. There is no point. That's the point.

3. Dude it is the chi

4. It's whatever point you give it.

5. Life is explained until DEATH

6. hell yeah....the operative i think being "you", not those gurus....oh yeah :le smoke:

7. your point is my point too gv....can i call you that or what do you go by?....:le smoke:

8. no secrets there either, no offense guy :le smoke:

9. no matter what meaning you assign to life, it is ever expanding and will go beyond your ability to name it

10. Its is chicago

11. Who cares if theres a reason why you're alive. Cause if you spend your life trying to find out, your gonna miss out. And in the end, no matter what road you take, you die. Even if there was a reason why you were born, it's not like if you dont complete your "mission" you get punished. So all in all, live life the way you want to.

12. "The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time." James Taylor

Seriously, explain to me why it is not.

13. its like that guy earlier here said....you gotta figure what your own, PERSONAL secret to life is....yeah you can be influenced from this and that but the secret to life is on a personal level....thats why

14. Heaven and earth are impartial;

they see the universe as a straw dog.

The sage is non-judgmental;

he treats all his people as straw dogs.

The sage is like heaven and earth:

To him none are especially dear,

nor is there anyone he disfavors.

He gives and gives, without condition,

offering his treasures to everyone.

Between heaven and earth

is a space like void;

empty and inexhaustible,

the more it is used, the more it produces.

Hold on to the center.

Man was made to sit quietly and find

the truth within.

Lao-tzu

15. Honestly, I am not sure exactly what this means but I find it compelling and I can't stop coming back to it. It is thought producing. I never heard of the author before. I have already Googled him.

Thank you very much for this gem.

16. I read the Tao Te Ching a few months ago. That shit is dense. There's hundreds of interpretations you can draw from a single line.

Good read.

17. I thought the secret to life was the step before profit?

18. the secret of life is to enjoy it the good and the bad times. You are top of the pole one day and down in the shitter the next. theres always hard times but when you get through em its like you have a new outlook on yourself. ENJOY life stop and smell the roses on the way to school enjoy their beauty and short life. Enjoy the short time with the people you spend it with they are also the secret of life, enjoy those around you wether i be from a human all the way down to a fish. God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy. AMurica!