The second coming of Reagan.....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gooch_Goblin69, Nov 16, 2009.

1. So i believe our next presidential election here in the US will be the second coming of Ronald Reagan. heres why:

Bush, much like Nixon won his second election due to the youth vote not turning out and voting against him due to massive voter apathy and distrust of the government. After that the country swings to the left, to a weak(politically, not in terms of popularity) democratic canidate, this time it's Obama, in 76 it was Jimmy Carter. After a less than Earth shattering term(tho Jimmy did accomplish a few good things, and was for decrim weed) the country swings back to the other end of the spectrum and a strong republican canidate took the stage, Reagan. This time I think the same will happen, except this time, it will be a fate worse than any of us had ever imagined, the right wing canidate shall be Sarah Palin, and with her crowning as president the USA shall enter a downward spiral into oblivion. She will step war efforts (just as Reagan intensified the cold war) and she will crack down on the legalization movement (just as reagan cracked down on drugs in the 80's) Were doomed. Vote LIBERTARIAN, it's our only hope.

2. You had me strung along there until your libertarian plug at the end there.

You know just as well as anyone else a 3rd party won't develop for many more years, a libertarian vote is a wasted vote.

3. Sarah Palin won't get too far in the Republican Candidate race, simply because the media, prominent liberals & even the GOP are trying their hardest to paint her as a formidable dumbass; which is true to a small degree.

4. we need a libertarian in republican's clothing

5. ..why wouldnt you want a libertarian in libertarian clothing?

6. [​IMG]

:p

7. because

8. No, you've got it backwards. A vote for the someone in the two, main political parties is a wasted vote. :p

9. OP thinks SARAH PALIN will be our president?!?!?! What the fuck are u on man? Just cause she can sell a book doesn't mean people are gonna let her run our country.

I agree with republicans more than I do dems and I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER vote that crazy housewife into office.

10. Ron Paul. :)

11. But Ron Paul did run as libertarian in Republican clothing. Look how great that turned out.

12. Ron Paul won't run..

so next.

and man.. why do people say a 3rd party vote is a wasted vote? I guess any vote other than what you state normally votes would be a wasted vote..

like voting democrat in TX or voting Republican in CT?

no vote is a wasted vote.

OP.. one Regan was enough thanks very much.

13. Ron Paul would've been a better selection in the red a year ago... but we all know what happened there.

14. Hey it wasn't that bad. If he wasn't so damn old he would have a chance (a good one) in the next election. Nobody even really knew who he was (other than Texans) before this election.

15. The whole process of voting is a game of choosing something similar to what you believe that will get put into action.

So voting libertarian when you realize they'll never win means your vote will be truly wasted, just like if you write-in Mickey Mouse on the ballot.

16. so voting Dem in a Rep state would be the same?

in other words either vote for who you know will win or don't vote?

17. voting third party is a wasted vote because something along the lines of 96% of voters picked either democrat or republican in '08

18. i understand.. in my state i think it was around 70% who voted democrat (for president). So anyone who votes republican in my state is wasting a vote.. they should all just vote democrat sonce that's what wins every year?

i'm confused. :confused:

19. #19 Gooch_Goblin69, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009

So, if people see that more people are voting for libertarians, less informed people will start voting libertarian(the band wagon effect). We can't just keep playing into the system of two parties or it will be that way forever.

I see what your saying though, the only way to stop the second coming of Reagan would be to throw the youth vote behind the democrat, which will be Obama, who is still better than Palin in my opinion but still not a great president.

20. All the Libertarians need are a few commercials during the super bowl. :) A little promotion, a couple hundred million dollars and POW new party. :)

Edit: I forgot how shitty the us dollar was doing. More like a couple billion dollars. ;)