The second amendment is not about hunting deer...

Discussion in 'General' started by Nexis, Aug 16, 2006.

1. haha.

What the hell kind of gun is that?

2. looks like a shotgun....but i could be wrong.

but you don't go deer hunting with a shotgun....and it's on a stand thing...which is not typical for deer hunting, but rather target practice.

2nd amendment is primarily for hunting and protection.

whoever made that is truly a dumbass

3. What do you mean you dont go deer hunting with a shotgun?

Why would there be buckshot if you didnt?

Many counties now have regulations against rifles, due to the amount of housing etc etc. Many hunters use shotguns, and buck shot,and or slugs.

4. What I though was hilarious is how Canada was trying to make handguns illegal (due to increased gun violence), though semi-automatic long-guns which, (in the right hands) are INCREDIBLY more deadly and dengerous than a handgun.

:rolleyes:

5. Yes, the pro-gun people in this country made that same statement. Just another Liberal scare tactic before the last election. I'm very glad that the Conservatives won a minority, lest my handguns fall victim to a pointless gun grab. That registry sure turned out to be useful, didn't it?

6. It could be funnier... not really that funny. Which is too bad. Because I like to laugh.

7. *points to History 101 sign up sheet*

might I suggest a lesson

Second Amendment was made primarily for hunting? ROFL!!!!

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.billofrights.html#amendmentii

Wait I'm pretty sure that mentions hunting deer!

8. It's very annoying that I can't hunt deer with my SKS. I discovered this after I bought it. :eek:

9. im fully aware of what the amendments say.

i never said the 2nd amendment was made primarily for hunting.

i said the 2nd amendment is primarily for hunting and protection. Which it is. some people survive souly on hunting, although you may not be familiar with it. But the 2nd amendment gives us the right to bare arms, its as simple as that. But primarily for protection and hunting, although people like to do some target practice and whatnot.

It;s good to see an idiot take words out of context and than try and make an insult with it.

From the time the amendments were made, til now, a lot of shit has changed and some of the stuff that were originally on those documents no longer apply. But the 2nd amendment NOW applies primarily to protection and hunting. and if you think otherwise, go ahead and ask someone with some knowledge on the subject.

And i was only stressing the point of the inaccuracy of the pic. yes some people do hunt with shotguns, although very few use a buckshot, mostly slugs and etc. But around here the only good way, or even effective way is to use a rifle. and if your going to be hunting your not going to have a stand with a shotgun trying to hunt deer.

*damn tree huggers always gotta be hatin*

10. Without the second admendment how would we revolt against a government gone wrong (this may already be the view of some people)? With no fire power we would be helpless against bad government. The second admendment assures us the tools to overthrow the government if need be.

11. Haha, i'm just glad that if i choose to, I can own some decent firepower :D

12. edit: Thumper's mother's voice just rang throughout my head...

13. idk what that meant, but anyways, ive never even heard of the mensa test, but im quite sure that i would do well in it.

jonsi, i got nothing against you, just do not change my words around to insult me, idc if you insult me, i do tend to speak/type before fully thinking. But i still agree with what i said. Because it is true to a certain extent, but whatever.