The Scrog Method

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by greenmonster714, Oct 22, 2004.

1. #101 ledman, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
    Hi man!
    Great job, nothing to say..u'll surely have nice resined buds..

Should u explain, may be with some attachment, a little better about ur method to bent branches on the screen pls?

About the 400w lamp..i think is surely better if u'll move it 30/40 cm far from ur plants top..even if they like to stay very close to light...stretch 'em out a bit..;)

This is for optimezed the job of ur lamp, achieving the best work spectrum..in the actual way,as u can see from pics u posted, the spectrum of the light is very focused and in a too small "circle" of light, concentrate in a few leaves..not the best way sure.

Add a ventilator fan for the air circulation/movement inside ur closet..ur babies will apreciate for sure ;) guarnanteed :D Expecially if u'll leave it open 24/24, even where the lamp is turned off..believe me! :)

My opinion, cheers man very nice job!
    Good growing!

2. Yeah man thanks.. i do have a fan but its on the floor level bringing in the fresh cool air from outside and it goes up through the plants to the light with is where its exhausts out of the closet.. So i mean the temp in there stays right at about 70 when the lamp is on.. but ofcourse right up under the lamp is like 85 so thats not good.. i did move the lamp up last night and we'll see if it stretches... the middle plant is 5'1 ft off of the ground.... and the container is on the floor so its pretty tall man.. yeah how i did the late scrog method is this.. as the plant grew up and into one of the squares of the neet, i just pulled the head to a square to the left and once it grew up towards the light a little i moved it one more square over and so fourth and so fourth until the all the flowers reached the top and then i started to bud.. they still are stretching up too so now u cant even see the net..

3. Hey David,
    good if u moved the lamp alrady..u'll see, it surely works ;)

About the fan, i didn't only mean regarding temperature, that it's fundamental obviously...i would like if u focus ur attention concerning how it's very important,for me, to try reply the wind in nature..

It gently strech plants, is good for the leaves transpiration..and last but not least, the plants,with this soft/continuos effort, upgrade their own power and health.

An easy and good solution for u ( i did in mine GR,everytime ), should be a wall/fan like used in toilette for areating from in to out ( sorry but my english vocabulary is not so big!); u only fix it to the roof with small wires, like for tha lamp..and much important,completly remove the casebox and all the parts u don't need..naked fan ;) :D
    And put it near the middle off ur GR, above ur plants top..is not expensive, even a small one should be better than nothing,trust me!

Cheers:smoking:

4. It was noticed that the SCROG method produces a large amount of "popcorn buds". While still using the SCROG method, what are some tried and proven steps that result in larger individual buds?:confused:

Thank You

5. I have some Early Girl crossed with Purple Power. It is a very low plant with huge fan leaves. I started one of them using LST and the other one with some fimming. My question is with a plant like this with huge fan leaves and short, how do you recommend I go about this. i.e. screen size, height, trimming leaves. Or do I carefully shove the fan leaves through?

thanks

6. #106 davidppeters, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009
    OK fourth week of flowering... a sort of scrog.. Its coming good

Attached Files:

7. are you crazy? ur pictures in there dude!

8. seriously..

9. #109 davidppeters, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009
    yeah i forgot that one was in there... my bad...

10. Yeah so my plant is now like 7'5 feet high... The light it getting closer and closer to the ceiling... and is almost as high as i can take it... The plant just keeps stretching and budding like crazy.. normally i'd love this but i'm not sure if its going to be a problem.. its just a monster!!!!

11. yull b ok, as long as its an outdoor cieling!"LOL!!

12. Pictures at the various stages woul;d ne the one - any would be good - thanks

13. Excellent information gm714! Well done. I am in the process of getting my first grow started and will be using the scrog method in conjunction with my ebb & gro system running 2 - 600 W lamps. My space is just under 4' x 8' and want to make sure that I feed my new girls properly. Are some nutes better suited for scrog than others? What nutes did you use for you last grow and where you satisfied with the results?

Thanks for sharing this useful information.

14. Hey, just started my latest Scrog with some heavy duty plants. Scrog is def great for indoor great buds. I have so many tops forming its ridiculous. I'm running out of a home made Hydroponics system with 6 bubbler stones and a 250 gph pump on a rainbird drip emitter. Works like a charm, and my Nutrients? Only the best !!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Just FIMMED my plants today, its amazing how fast the plants reacting. If any of you old time growers top your plants, START FIMMING THEM, you get 4 colas per top, NUTZ

16. co-signed

17. ScrOG seems to be the way forwards - in fact I have just started a baby to see what and how well it does then i will expand upon the small one back to the normal size:D

I don't have any worthwhile pics yet of the actual screen etc....but I shall add some once it is up and going and there is real info to report on

18. i grow with scrog not at the mo im moving house but will be soon so pics another time.the best ever was a hindu kush and i got 8oz of bud from one plant all organic!:smoking::smoking:

19. I would like to delve more into training which way we manipulate the plants relative to their position within their own growing space.

Like this pic for instance that you posted

[​IMG]

Have there been any tests on the potential risks/benefits to purposefully training the branches to go a specific route within the scrog to induce a higher yield?