The RooR is Dead, long live the RooR...recommend me an alternative

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by RealMadrid, Jan 30, 2011.

1. It doesn't just kill it. It murders it and takes a shit on its corpse.

2. You don't HAVE to but most fixed stems bubble best straight up and down. What I don't understand is why it's so hard for that dude to sit up for a hit? Pack fat snaps so you get the most out of your "sit ups" or just dab some BHO.

3. i dont know whether to go King or V2 though :confused:

i do small rips, and I have an ashcatcher too, so dunno which would work better.

4. He states he had a real 1, but posts a fake 1, says his looks just like it, and you take him on his word it was real? i got a bridge to sell you my friend, lol, j/k. My guess is he thought it was real, and it was fake like the 1 he posted. i stated he should try a real 1 first.

Yes, the rule is comfortability. No 1 can intelligently argue that having to sit straight up bending there back straight, then bending there neck to look straight down, thats just not a comfortable position for the human body. Nobody sits like that naturally. No way around that. YOU should be able to tilt the piece for it to be comfortable, not the piece tilt you to an uncomfortable position.
    For me personally, I smoke at least 2g's a day, know how many times i would have to force myself into that position? I have just minor neck probs and it irritates, cant imagine ppl with more serious probs. I have a professor friend who is quadra/para pelagic(sp?), no way at all he could hit that.

I was just making the OP fully aware of some of the downsides i have witnessed, i wasnt saying he should get this piece or shouldnt get that 1. He can make that decision on his own, just stating my experience with fixed stems.

5. Yes they do diffuse better on a level surface but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't work at all. My inline is still cover by water when I'm on the couch hitting it so I really don't see a big problem with it. I've never met anyone too lazy to sit up for 20 seconds to hit a bong lol. :p

If you do smaller rips then I would go with the V2, the king is pretty much for more volume.

6. #47 th3_chr0nic, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2011

Well that doesn't just cancel out fixed stems, but any perc'd bong as well. Many people choose function over momentary minor discomfort. Just because you're not one of them doesn't mean fixed stems aren't changing the glass game.

7. Of course I would take the OP's word for it? I'm not going to challenge him on if he had a real Roor or a fake one, he knew what he had better than you or I do.

Of course that wouldn't be comfortable to do that sitting on a couch, this is why you TILT yes TILT the bong outward so you do not have to bend your neck in a weird way. I have extreme lower back pain through out the year when my back goes out so I know pain, trust me. I still find it mind boggling that you use the term "forced into that position" were talking about hitting a bong here, this isn't difficult... As for your teacher, I guaranteed you that I would be able to show him how to hit a bong without "forcing" himself to stand up or at least sit up on the couch.

8. Thats right, why do you think a master blower like Martin Birzle won't do percs till "They get it right"? Or Roor.us was doing the leanback perc? Because its not something you can just throw the coolest contraption inside the glass and call it done if you want it right. Its not done unless all factors that make quality are met. Like you said, cant tilt a fixed stem because it doesnt fire right. You grasp why...

Part of function for me though is comfortability, so if its uncomfortable, its nonfunctional. Just because it has some fancy contraption inside doesnt make a piece "functional", there are many combined factors that equate to that, and comfortability while hitting is a big 1 in my book.

So you are no longer arguing my point of uncomfortability, you are arguing the other plus features that cancels out the un-comfortability portion of it?
    I never said anything about other features w/ a fixed stem that are nice, there are some. But comfortability while hitting trumps the other benefits, imho, because hitting it is what you will be doing more than anything else to the piece. Hope this gives ya some more info OP, just giving ya another perspective my friend...

9. #50 ixBeachbumxi, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2011
    man i told myself next buy i make on glass is gonna be an sg showerhead..

or something of equal bubblyness :p. whatever im feeling at that point in time.

10. Just buy the damn thing already.

11. I only knew of one online retailer and i believe they stopped i'd like a link myself, for the diffuser it would be an accessory pickup you could go to the site you've been looking on and get a nice roor diffuser or good closed end shower head or i could point you to a slightly cheaper alternative via pm

12. done and done my friend :D

A brand spanking new SG stemline V2 60mm, with some keck clips (for the HVY ashcatcher), and an elbow adapter, are on their way to yours truly.

I shall have a great time with Sofia this weekend....Rachel, you will never be forgotten :eek:

13. #2 or #4

Whatever you do, don't buy the same one you broke, buy something else to experience new stuff.

14. get the sg and dont look back

15. Sorry to tell ya buddy but your RooR was fake. That joint is way off.

16. #57 Carbo, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
    They won't cut any deals over there at all? :(

As for the original post, I love Sovereignty pieces like most people, but I have a question. What is the practical difference with the V3 stemline? I know the diffuser openings face downward rather than upward, but what are the real life consequences of this?

If you're open to HVY Glass, there are a couple of 9mm beaker pieces on ALT which are sweet from a thick wall standpoint. One has a showerhead/bell perc and the other one is an 8 arm tree.