The road to CO!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Tacony Stoner, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Currently in the car, moving from Philly to Colorado with my son and fiance. 20 hours to go and ready to start my new life!

2. Have fun my good man! I see Colorado in my neat future! Enjoy it dude!

3. I would have to explain to my son why I had a rager because I'm that excited about a legalized state

4. [quote name='"lidssolow"']I would have to explain to my son why I had a rager because I'm that excited about a legalized state[/quote]

Lmao may have had one for the first few hours buttttt...its a 35 hour drive and our car broke down TWICE. We got stuck in tennessee for 3 days it was awful. Good thing the people there were much nicer than Philadelphia folk.

5. Damn man that sucks. I'm glad you found some help. I hope everything goes smoothly from here on. Have a safe trip bro

6. Stop by and pick me up please :)

7. gotta be multiple roads..

this aint yellow brick or the oregon trail

8. [quote name='"TinManThaBoyBoy"']gotta be multiple roads..

this aint yellow brick or the oregon trail[/quote]

Haha not too many surprisingly. Gonna be on 40W most of the way. Wanted to take 70 but mother nature fucked that up with floods and tornados. 18.5 hours left. Fuuuuuuck

9. 6 / 34 hours left to go! This has been a hell of a trip.

10. You are moving at a damn good pace. How are you sleeping? Taking turns with your wife?

11. are you moving there for legalized bud?

12. [quote name='"lidssolow"']

You are moving at a damn good pace. How are you sleeping? Taking turns with your wife?[/quote]

No sleep in 28 hours, but we're 2 hours away now and can't bring myself to stop haha. Slept the first night cause the car broke down but been drivin straight through since

13. [quote name='"JetLifeStoney"']are you moving there for legalized bud?[/quote]

Nope but its definitely a bonus. I spent some time in Colorado in the past and recently my neighborhood in Philadelphia has gone way down hill, prompting a move. Being the most beautiful place ive been it was an easy choice

14. I love Co. $120 ozs! How did you end up in Philly?

15. by car you mean ox and buggy, right :D

16. Congrats, I'm moving the Colorado springs area soon. Its an awesome state, the relaxed marijuana laws are just icing on the cake.

17. [quote name='"joker865"']Congrats, I'm moving the Colorado springs area soon. Its an awesome state, the relaxed marijuana laws are just icing on the cake.[/quote]

Hell yeah it is, the scenery makes it and the incredible bud makes it that much better. Colorado springs has an insanely low cost of living which almost landed me there. If youre not familiar with the area, try aiming for the westside or northeast parts of the city, other parts can get a little sketch

18. [quote name='"Hashed Out"']I love Co. $120 ozs! How did you end up in Philly?[/quote]

Thats where i was born and raised..vacationed for a few months in CO and it spoiled me. I'm living in this small mountain town now and its a huge difference but im lovin' every second of this place.

19. Be careful regarding jobs though as if you get caught with it in your system they will still fire you. Other than that, I'm incredibly jealous right now :(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using GC Forum

20. [quote name='"Tacony Stoner"']

Hell yeah it is, the scenery makes it and the incredible bud makes it that much better. Colorado springs has an insanely low cost of living which almost landed me there. If youre not familiar with the area, try aiming for the westside or northeast parts of the city, other parts can get a little sketch[/quote]

Yea it isn't bad. I am moving from east tn, so the cost of living is actually a little higher in the springs. Well worth it in my opinion regardless.

I have looked on the city data forums and they pretty much echo the same statement about the southeast area not being too great. The crime map pretty much reaffirms that as well. We are looking a bit further south around fountain security, and that general area. Also debated on the NW Denver area or boulder. We stayed near the old city last year and while it definetly wasn't the fancy area of town it wasn't near as bad as some areas I have seen. Would love to be on Manitou springs but the housing cost are too high for the time being.

I can't wait to move though, its gonna be a blast. I've already been looking at schools for a Bio degree and hope to volunteer at one of the Parks around cs.