The Rise of the Sith

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by StoryofScars, Jan 23, 2014.

1. My alfalfa meal came in. 21.99 for 50lbs. I also scooped up a couple 2qt bags of lava rock, as they had no larger bags. I'm hoping to have enough time to drop by this garden supply place by my girlfriend's mom's house before they close and pick up some CoM ewc. Then tomorrow, a tarp and a cheap shovel and it's mixing time after work.

2. Yesterday was a productive day. I picked up some worm power ewc. They were a bit more expensive than I thought at $40 for 15 pounds, but it beats paying $12 for 8 qts. I also, scored some free granite dust right around the corner. I got 2 cu ft of soil mixed up. The final recipe went like this:

30% peat moss

Aeration: 8 qts lava rock and about 2/3-3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket of perlite. Results in 30% total aeration.
    Compost: CoM lobster compost and worm power ewc. 2.5 gallons each.
    Dry goods: 1 cup/cu ft espoma plant tone (give or take as there was a bit of spillage)
    1 cup cu ft alfalfa meal
    1 cup kelp meal cu ft
    1/2 cup cu ft of neem meal
    1/2 cup cu ft of bone meal
    1 cup cu ft of powdered lime (scored for free at work)
    Mineralization: 4 cups of granite dust cu ft

I'm looking forward to see how it performs. It felt nice and airy and mixed easily. Now for the month or so wait.
    Lastly, I got the four girls transplanted into their new 3 gal fabric pots. I'm interested to see how they do in my old mix. Well, that's all for now. Pics later.

3. The girls all got some pretty aggressive supercropping. The little runt is really impressing me. She's so lush and even. Pretty much all of them are throwing up a ton of tops once they were spread out. I had some before pics that I accidentally deleted, but I'll get before and after photos when I clone tomorrow. I'm trying fayes coffee can cloner idea and seeing how that works for me. After they get stripped, they're getting the flip. The first two weeks I'm trying the MH. I heard it keeps stretch down and figured I'd experiment. The remaining 6-7 weeks will be under hps. Stay tuned.

4. IMAG0145.jpg The runt looking all green and bushy
    IMAG0147.jpg
    IMAG0148.jpg C99 after some light defoliation.
    IMAG0149.jpg Another of the c99. Some of her branches are pretty spindly. She's coming around after being stunted, but I'm not expecting a huge yield from her.
    IMAG0150.jpg Another skelly female before her haircut.
    IMAG0152.jpg And after.
    IMAG0151.jpg Skelly 3 before
    IMAG0153.jpg And after. They look a bit beat up because I had to spread them out but they'll fill in over the next 8-9 weeks.

I put them on their flower cycle tonight so tomorrow is day one. Clones are in the veggie tent. New t5 lights are expected the first week of June for all the veggies and whatever clones make it. I only took 5 this round. If in a week some don't make it I may take a few more. Though, only if I must.

5. Lots of healthy plants!  Looking great dude!

6. Thanks man! They've really bounced back after the transplant. The c99 is so ready she's practically flowering now. She's throwing out pistils everywhere. I'm HOPING I can pull an average of at least 2 oz/plant. Anything more than that would just be icing on the cake. Pics will be coming more regularly soon. Have a good one!

7. Pics of the girls at 8 days since the flip. Probably about 5 or so days of actual flowering.
    IMAG0155.jpg skelly
    IMAG0157.jpg too shot
    IMAG0158.jpg sativa Dom skelly runt
    IMAG0160.jpg side shot. She's a wide one.
    IMAG0161.jpg c99
    IMAG0162.jpg c99 bud forming. She's at least a week or more ahead of the skellys as far as flowering
    IMAG0163.jpg group photo. And to think they used to take up half that space only weeks ago.

8. Everyone is starting to put out buds instead of just throwing out pistils. I'm excited. I'll have to snap pics tomorrow as I get home after lights out tonight.

9. #49 StoryofScars, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
    As always I'm terribly behind on reporting progress. With my new schedule, I get home after lights out so I don't get to work in there too often in the middle of the week.The c99 was chopped and dried. She came in at 1.5oz. I was somewhat disappointed as she was so plump before harvest. The runty Jack got the chop yesterday. She was a lot of smaller buds, but the density was definitely there. I weighed a top to judge water weight loss after she dries. The other two jacks still need a week I'd say. They're running out of steam, so I'd say by the 8th. The green crack got it's first transplant and the dinachem is next.

10. Congrats on the harvests!  What's coming up next?