The right to bear arms

Discussion in 'General' started by Alphå, Sep 1, 2007.

1. this is kinda off topic, but wouldn't it be cool to have actual bear arms? you'd be so strong. we're talking grizzley bear arms. chicks would dig it for sure after you bench press the house they live in.

but yeah, we all have a right to own guns. gun owners must be responsible.

2. lol for starters that 10 kids quote is a laugh riot

everyone should have at least one and every kid should be trained in the art of using one

no way in hell does time 'n place change things if anything people have more to lose in the face of government bullshit

they spy on phone calls log all sorts of shit the pussy act bush passed is ripe with freedom stealing clauses and sooner or later they'll try to push 'freedom w/ a side of you take what we pay you'

when that time comes the only people who will feel ok with countering it will be the ones who can fire back after being called a cult (they love calling freedom lovers cults or terrorists)

3. if they did take away all the guns, the government would be too powerful. what if a revolution was necessary, and people couldn't do anything about it.

4. It is pretty hard to change the constitution it is writen by the forfathers that we have the right. The way the "world" is today and the way America is looked at I am glade we have the right. I can go to Big 5 and buy a 12 gage shotgun and camo gear.
    The movie Red dawn is a prime example of the power the U.S. has with that right along with the military power we are ready for anything.

The saying "guns don't kill people people kill people" comes to mind.

This is a thing that could go on forever, 200 + years of the right to bare arms is tough to beat.....

Happy hunting...:hello:

5. i forget where i heard it and i wont quote it cause i dont remember exactly but it went something like - when someone breaks into your house who do u call, the police, why becasue they have guns and power, now why not just have a gun yourself and protect yourself rather then wait half an hour for them to showup 5 minutes after the people leave. i think it is pretty true to some point

6. If you mean saddam hussen, there was no genocide to speak of. Yes, stalin, tho.... And there have been other massive genocides never even reported for pollitical reasons, like the US turning their back while china raped and continues to rape the most peaceful country in the world, tibet.

7. No, 6 million jews died. 5 million OTHER ethnic minorities died as well.
    So that's 11 million and some change that died in the holocaust as a result of hitler.
    The other 5 million were other races and religions he hated as well as political people he had killed.

From Wikipedia:

8. WOW its september 1 ALREADY. I just noticed that. WOW.

Anyway, I was rechecking the date I read this:
    U.S. Most Armed Country with 90 guns per 100 people
    article. Its sort of goes hand in hand with the topic here..though most of these guns arent owned by individuals protecting their own families.

As far as im concerned, I think we should be able to bear arms, respectfully. I believe as individuals protecting our families, in our homes we should be lawfully allowed to own protection. Also, to sport shoot, ie, clay shooting. and in cases where hunting is permitted for population control.
    In order to own a firearm, I think people need to be educated, not just an exchange of $ to license. And all firearms should be registered.
    Heres link to breakdown of state by state laws, interesting how it varies so much..
    http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/1998/schools/gun.control/

9. The "Well he started it!" argument doesnt work.
    No, every country and person that took part in WWII is responsible for the death toll.
    Not just one person.
    Responsibility should be shared. not blamed.

10. Let me say it again:

If your going to use the estimates of EVERY death caused by an individual, you can't pick and choose. Hitler invaded Poland, starting WW2. I'm pretty sure it was his plan, hsi strategy, and his orders. Therefore, Hitler started WW2, causing the deaths of over 60 million people of all races and nationalities. If it wasn't for hitler, I doubt WW2 would have been fought at all, or at least not to the magnitude that it was.

But anyways, we can argue that back and forth until the sun burns out...

How about this:

UN specifies genocide as:

"any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

Stalin's 'genocide' was for political reasons. The UN definition of genocide does not mention politics. Not genocide. Mass muder, but not genocide.

And as far as I'm concerned.

11. "History is written by the victors" - Churchhill

The war was going to happen with or without Hitler. He just happened to be the one. Germany was in turmoil, and a dictatorship followed by fast acquisition of wealth (conveniently taken from jews, who were the scapegoats) was really the only solution. So Hitler did what he needed to prevent himself from being thrown out of power.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that America, Canada, or even the UK remain blameless. In the late thirties when jews were trying to flee Germany to escape the antisemetic government, all of the major allied countries turned them away and SENT THE BOATS BACK. Many of those people were slaughtered like animals in the death camps upon return.

So no....Hitler was not the only bad guy. :(

12. The right to bear arms was put forth by the founding fathers incase the federal government grew too big and became a dictatorship. Kinda how this country is headed :wave: