The *right* temperature for vapes

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Inst!nct, Apr 1, 2010.

1. How do i know when i have reached the good temperature? is having no vapor come out of your mouth after holding it in for like 5 seconds a good or bad thing? Or is a big ish cloud of vapor good?

Im thinking the latter right?

2. I like to see the vapor come out when I exhale. Not sure what the right answer is though.

3. yea i felt like it was good when vapor came out but not sure whether it is or not.. cant test it cause no weed atm :(((

4. Ideal vape temps are between 365 to 395f.

Huge vapor clouds are not a good thing 'cause it only means that whatever vapor that you are exhaling is going to waste. It's not like smoke that consists mainly of combusted plant material and toxic tar and shit.

With that being said though, most of your ability to see exhaled vapor has to do with ambient lighting. Next time you vape, try exhaling into a strong light source that is coming in from the side, like sunlight through a window. Also, exhaling against a dark background will help you to see it, but again, with a strong light source.

5. #5 toastytoast, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2010
    Here I think this chart might help with your vaping adventures:

Its in celsius but just convert, and yeah shows which temperatures trigger which cannabanoids to give certain effects.

You'll see that tetraydrocannabinol, THC, is at 157 celsius which is approx 315f, which is the lower limit and will take forever. So yeah anywhere between 350 and 375 would be good

[​IMG]

6. #6 lwien, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2010
    Regarding the chart above, just keep in mind that there is a trade off in that the higher temp you vape at, the more of the bad toxins such as benzine and carbon monoxide are being released.

Pretty much any temp below 375f and you're safe. Anything above that will release some of the bad stuff, so just know that going in.