The right strain for the right space

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by storey491, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Looking for some help. I'm about to start a grow in a space bucket type set up. The space between the LED 150w UFO and the top of my 1 gallon pot is just over 30cm. The grow space itself is 40cm wide. I'm going to grow an auto and LST it to make the most out of the space I have. Anyone had any strains that have grown well in such a small space? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Growweedeasy.com recommends Nirvava Blue Mystic for their space bucket grows. Smaller, bushy plants with minimal odors.

3. Holy Grail, and don't do just one plant, do a sea of green tech, this genetic is very good at getting big main colas and is small and bushy

4. Thanks, I'm gonna stick with one plant and try and train it out then up to fill the small space. The small pot should limit the size of the plant anyway but in your experience would it matter what size plant a go for as it will only grow as big as the pot will let it?

5. Genetics will define the shape of the leaves and the distance between stem nodes, so yeild is directly affected

6. So just to be clear, if I get a seed for a 40cm-60cm plant and train it in my 30cm space I'll get more yield than if I took a seed for a 120cm plant and trained it in the same space. Because it will develop more nodes in the same given space? That right?

7. I have a white widow that I topped 5 times and kept in a 3.5 gal soft pot. this is day 50 of flower..

DSCN0198 (2).JPG DSCN0196 (2).JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice looking plant man, white widow is a classic. Reminds we of my youth purple haze and northern lights. See I want to grow auto's tho. So Im limited to two mouths. I would like to see an oz out of this small space so I want to make sure I pick the right stain. Don't want something so small it won't fill the space or to big so that's it's only stem and is root bound before flowering.

9. Autos can get pretty big as you can't control when they flower. I have had a few 5' autos before. Photoperiod plants let you have more control. But in that space I think you have your work cut out for you either way. Anything with a height lower than 4' is total arse ache

Go with an indica strain as they stretch less at the start of flower compared to sativa

10. Its all about light, and then about temp, and then the soil, water, and nutes, not hard

11. Yer man, they get well big these days. When I did my first auto there were like 9 to choose from and the biggest was 60cm. Now it's hard to find one that's only 60cm. And there's so many!! I like indica better anyway. Don't like how saliva messes with my head lol just like to be locked to the couch

• Like Like x 1
  12. [​IMG]

Gonna go for this, anyone grow before?

• Like Like x 1