the right light...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stonednhappy, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Hey Ive been thinking about growing for a while but since I live with my parents it has allways seemed like somthing that would be imposible. Well Ive finally thought of an idea. Im only going to have about 6 small plants in a small area and I was wondering what the best light would be for that. Im not looking to have 3 foot plants either. Ill probably try to keep em under 20 inches. I need a light that wont produce heat so I wont have to worry about fires and somthing that is small preferably. Thanks

2. use longgg ass like 4 foot fluorocent tube lights for veggitation the 24/7 light on the first liek month of so you keep it under "cool white" spectrum fluorocent tubes and for flowering the 12/12 light i have 4 foot flurocents with 2 cool white and 2 soft white, you need that for growing in flowering.

you should get 4 4ft flourocent use 4 cool white bulbs for vegging and 2 cool white and 2 soft white for flowering.

3. haha thats wayyy to much... what if i did just one plant? could I use one of those small CFL Lights and then just use that for the whole process with that one plant?

4. no you will need 100W standard wattage for one plant using CFL

5. dude its not even alot of light if u use those 4 foot fluoros u can grow them alright but theres not soo much light it bardly uses any energy and u can just plug it into the wall and hang it over the plants.'

6. yeah I know what you mean but with the parents and all I just wanna have a low profile grow.

7. you can get battery operated floro's, 25 watts each, and get 3 of them for one plant. That way theres no cords for light to leak out of (you can never get a complete seal) and they are small.