The richest one per cent of Americans earn nearly a quarter of the country's income

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BuddhistStoner, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Did you miss my post? I already shot this down.

2. #102 Stigma, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011

What do u mean by self employed?

U mean do I work for myself?? If so I think I already answered that, but I will answer again. YES I work for myself. I answer to NO ONE (except the customer). :D And I have for 7 years now.

I have been in this same business for 12 years though.

Edit: on a side note, I am not lying about anything. If anything I am being too honest. Some people would consider your questions to be nosy.

I honestly dont mind though. :D

3. qft qft qft

4. How u gonna quote your own shit!!??!!?

hahahahhaahhaahahahahahahhaha

Thats one of the best posts I have seen EVER.

5. You're right.... It was an american public school education. Then later I learned on my own that the little fairy tale we learned in school was bullshit. From how it was discovered and founded right on down the list. Remember.... until recent times those who have won have written history.

6. I find irony in this since your customer is the government.

7. But why should we have to work so damn hard when others have it so easy? Why should we let people take advantage of poor people? As I said before just because you or others worked hard and made it out doesnt mean everyone does. Ive never used welfare and I dont agree with the way we have welfare so I dont know why you bring that up. I never thought it was such a bad thing to want a better life, and i realize that that can be done through hard work but I will not do so if it means giving up my morals and exploiting others or being exploited by others just so I can make more money which is what happens in most cases. Im not making excuses, I just woke up one day and realized that I or any other common person shouldnt have to put up with the shit that we do.

8. Both?

Also I dont really see a difference between the two

9. The liberal politicians were elected by the people who were promised everything and then the working people were taxed to death so they took their businesses and left.

You really haven't got a clue!

10. Read my last post above.

11. And??

I sell to SOME oil refineries and grain elevators and stuff. Mainly Gov. though. Like natl park SVC, US Forrest SVC, BLM, DOI, shit like that..

edit: I see what u mean now. evermind the "and??" :D

12. lol, well fuckin dude just skimmed past it then brought up an argument that was shut down by that post.

13. #113 schmidty797, Aug 3, 2011
    You don't even know what self employment is lol. How am I being to nosy? It's common knowledge, hell you can google the answer to anything I asked.

Some have it easy, some people do just gain money via family death/ inheritance. However not all rich people do, a lot of them earn it. They work hard, or get lucky and invent/write/build something that for some reason gains mainstream success.

We don't choose what color our skin is, or when we are birthed. But we can choose what we do for a living. It's shitty to have to take out a loan to go through college, but sometimes it has to be done. Sometimes you have to sacrifice living in places, and have to move to other places to get better jobs :/

14. #114 Stigma, Aug 3, 2011
    Wtf?? ^^^

Self employment means u are employed by YOURSELF.

At least thats the definition I have always attached to it. :D

EDIT: Here I googled it for ya buddy

"Self-employment is working for one's self. Self-employed people can also be referred to as a person who works for himself/herself instead of an employer, but drawing income from a trade or business that they operate personally."

And after I give u that information your response is "u dont know what self eployed means lol" WTF?

Grow up man..

15. #115 Undermac, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You made my day!

16. I don't have a clue? What working people were taxed to death? And how can working people take their businesses and leave? I must have missed this on fox news.

17. I always thought it was because when the workers started standing up and asking for more rights, benefits and pay the rich outsourced there jobs to Malaysia and india and so on so they can take advantage of the poorer people there.

18. That Renaldo dude is not even worth wasting time on man. :D

19. Now that is just crazy talk! lol
    take advantage= develop resources

20. #120 schmidty797, Aug 3, 2011
    So you own a business correct? And you work for yourself, therefore when you file taxes you file ???? What's funny is you are still trying to defend not knowing what it was. Which means I was right, and you are trying to not look like an idiot. I am grown up, and I'm desperately trying to not get any older.

So what you mean is, those guys who work at coal mines and drive a truck from point A to B making 50$ an hour asked for more and they were refused?

My my, I would do the same fucking thing. American people are greedy dude, very greedy. You better believe those companies starting outsourcing because people started asking for more.A good wage in Eastern Europe is 500-600$ a month, yet the cost of living is higher than most places in the U.S.