The richest one per cent of Americans earn nearly a quarter of the country's income

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BuddhistStoner, Aug 3, 2011.

1. #81 iregisor, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
    It's not set up for the rich to run. The people running it are making themselves rich. Is there lobbying? of course, and of course it's bullshit. I'm not saying there aren't any evil rich people (there's evil broke people too) but I've met a large amount of what our tax system considers "rich" and from my experience they tend to be ridiculously nice and giving with their money, just not to places that they can't control wtf is happening with it. They reward hard work because they worked hard.

And even with the lobbying it's our government we need to blame cus they're the ones letting it get through. If the cops let a known murderer go (given that they undeniable proof), I'm mad at the fucking cops. But in our situation, the cops are letting the murders free and the people only listen to what the cops tell them (and of course they're lying), so of course we're in a fucked situation. But being as the government is supposed to filter out this type of shit, and instead they're supporting it, it's the governments fault, not the rich. And if they tax the rich more, I promise there will be more loop holes or less rich to tax because they'll leave America.

We need to smarten up and quit blaming people. Blame does nothing, it's action that works.

2. Just because it was easy for you doesnt mean it is easy for everyone. Try growing up poor as fuck with no family structure and making something of yourself and see how you feel about it then.

3. Wooah take it easy buddy.. Its the internet. No need to be so sensitive.

Your responses are so ridiculous I dont even know what to say. I actually own my own business and work every day. So take yer hate elsewhere. :D

4. #84 schmidty797, Aug 3, 2011
    I grew up in a fucking 20 foot RV with 4 other family members living in it because Bill Clinton thought it necessary to fuck my dad's 25 year pension over.
    Don't use that shit as an excuse, being poor doesn't prevent you from doing anything.

People like you are why welfare is abused.

What kind of business? And what kind of taxes do you file for said business? Seen any recent changes in small business taxes in the past 2 years?

Also interested if you file as self employed? And if so, what kind of terrible tax raises have you seen via income tax ?

5. That's about the dumbest damn thing I've heard this week. No, they couldn't say the exact same thing because I have made ever cent in my life legally.

6. What?!?!?1

LOL

7. Take your class warfare elsewhere. No rich people are making anyone's life harder. Your life is what you make it. Americans have become spoiled and soft.

8. You obviously don't understand the analogy. And you don't have to go to another country to see fucked up... just go to detroit.

9. I think you still underestimate how better things are, even in Detroit.
    But I don't blame you, almost every American is that way.

10. #90 Renaldo Dubois, Aug 3, 2011
    Show us the post where I said it was easy for me. You can't because I never said it. You heard it in your indoctrinated mind.

I grew up poor. The kids made fun of my shirts in school because they were second hand, but my parents made sure I went to a good school. They each worked two jobs. I went to work at 16 full time for a dollar an hour plus tips. I got a GED and then went to college part time. I worked and educated myself. No handouts. No grants. Nothing paid for by anyone but myself because my dad died when I was 15 and no insurance for a wife and 5 kids.

Don't be so damn stupid.

11. It doesn't, being a piece of shit however does prevent you from doing a few things. You don't own a business, why not answer some of the questions I asked before? About self employment, taxes,etc.

12. Who fucked up Detroit? Rich people or liberal politicians?

13. I work 2 days a week and do whatever I want to spend my life doing the other 5. Man created money no the other way round so I'm not gonna let it and some shitty system that wants to cage my mind control me. I don't need your money so have fun working away your life people :)

14. I sell tools and safety equipment to gov. agencies.

I fill out a 1099 every year. I am SUPPOSED to pay a estimate every quarter but I just wait till the end of the year and send my shit to an accountant and let him work his magic. :D I have been a sole proprietor since 2004.

I havent noticed any tax increases in the last 2 years. All I notice is not having to pay as much because I am making WAAAY less.

:D

15. Do all you guys have "Joe the Plumber" syndrome. It's amazing how a group of people can fuck another, and get those same people to think they are doing them a favor. It really shows the collapse in the education system. That's why americans still think they are the best in everything when nothing we have is the best. Education=not the best, medical care= not the best, crime rate= not the best. I hate what this country is and always has been, but I love what it could become.

16. If you hate America for what it always has been then I doubt you had a very good education.

17. Are you considered self employed? Because if so, you are lying. I know for a fact that quite a few close friends and family that are all self employed. And have great finances, little to no debt. And within the past two years they have been royally fucked by the federal government. They also live in a state with no state tax. Oh wait, they all own small businesses to? What a coincidence

I choose not to believe anything you say now because of this. You can google the info for the taxes lol. Have fun arguing a lost cause friend.

18. If only we all knew how to grow up :rolleyes:

What if you needed surgery?
    or medicine?
    or a house?
    or food?

oh wait, we'll pay for it

edit: no more feeding this troll

19. The rich people that hire ALL of the politicians.

20. You mean lobbyists ?
    Have you ever payed attention to elections? Regardless of what kind of bullshit conspiracy theories you believe in, you cannot say that the people do not vote the officials in. Another person who, is odd.