The rich should be forced to help the poor

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 5e3deluxe, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. are you sure it's because they want the 1% to get tax cuts, or is it because we can't afford the programs and all of the world policing at the same time?

i find it hard to believe that people who want to cut social programs are doing so strictly because they want the 1% to get tax cuts.

2. Delusion

3. No one is arguing that supply side economics works. Supply-siders aren't free market advocates and aren't Austrians. Lowering taxes with everything else being equal will result in more jobs, but in the '80's overall taxes didn't go down and spending increased. None of us advocate that. When taxes go down, spending needs to decrease also. That wasn't tried in the '80s, '90s, 2000's, etc. It was last tried in the '20s, and it worked very well. Why are you arguing against supply-side economics when no one here is advocating it?

4. Well golly, gee-whiz, gosh do you think we might do better if we knock off all the fucking policing?

If you don't think they want to cut social programs so they can give the one-percent more tax cuts, you haven't read the Ryan budget. That's fucking EXACTLY what they want to do.

5. Hey Will, here's what you want...go for it!!!

I cannot BELIEVE how much sub-human filth populates this board and as a liberal, I am disgusted you give them free reign to spread their filthy lies. You are a traitor to your own beliefs.

Live with that.

6. #106 TheDankery, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012

[​IMG]

7. indeed i do..

the trillions we'd save would pay for all sorts of social programs for those who need them.

8. lets tax the 1% at a 100% tax rate.

now, how will the poor people be saved?

how will the budget get balanced?

9. Libertarians are real liberals, not you or others like you. We adhere to the liberal idea of natural rights to life, liberty, and property.

Modern "liberals" are authoritarian fascists with superiority complexes and extreme economic ignorance, nothing more.

10. #110 the_tokerman, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    Then they just wont bother with selling/working in the US anymore, there are other countries that are willing to spend money and provide a competitive business environment.

(emphasis mine)
    This would explain why you're broke and asking for free money. It's called "spending what you can". If I only have $100, it would be retarded of me to spend $200. The concept of "savings" is something people like you and in "your position" should learn and use, rather than America's favorite passtime: Credit and Debt.

Perhaps the greedy one is you, because Rajit is more than willing to do your job at $5/hr rather than you who demands $10/hr with dental and health and time off and overtime etc etc etc.

No, they will just say "fuck it" and leave. Or fall/fail altogether. Your choice!

Didn't they try this out in a couple of places??? Oh yeah, just a tiny little experiment called: The USSR, Cuba, Venezuela, and China. Ask ANYBODY who lived in these states how their life was... I'm sure it was WAY better than yours! I think a few of those places are still around, so feel free to move there! :wave:

Questions?

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

11. We are all forgetting a major reason why so many jobs are being sent overseas.

Minimum wage laws.

Minimum wage - MisesWiki

These outlawed jobs are moving overseas because there is still demand for the products.

12. So the answer is to pay American workers less than China and India's underclass?

13. I don't think there's a 'one size fits all' answer to the problem. You could also raise the price of products to where it's profitable to bring those jobs back here.

I'm just highlighting one of the causes of the problem.

14. No. It would be good to abolish minimum wage laws, but that isn't a major factor in our current situation.

15. or the poor people should learn something about ambition and instead of mooching off the people who worked hard for their money, get their own

16. Whats wrong is you will never get it. And its not because you can't, its because you will purposefully fight tooth and nail against it based on your preconceived notions about libertarians, and people in general.

17. Trolls reveal themselves always.

I should be seeing way more sloths in this thread.

18. Removing the barrier to entry (see: price fixing) for the youngest, least skilled Americans is definitely a benefit.

19. well, things used to be good, business was always a win/win agreement with honest profits and pay...(took some time to get that working...)
    • profits are good
    • competition is good
    • capitalism is good
    • long term planning is good
    • creating and sustaining markets is good
    • law enforcement to serve, protect and secure the people from the corrupt and criminal actions of others
    • fair bonus shares for employees with many companies (based on base pay and tenure of employee)
    • community commitment and investment (future work force growth planning) is good

as said, it took time to get there, blood was shed in the quest for a fair and equitable mfg/market system, and it was great...but soon enough, things became corrupted...as history repeats itself...again and again..
    today we have;
    • greed
    • profiteering
    • hoarding
    • oppression
    • destruction of markets
    • destruction of sustainable work forces
    • short term profiteering
    • elimination of workers to increase executive bonuses
    • corruption of law and order that creates a long term secure society of masters and slaves...
    • excess, excess, excess for the few at the expense of the many

Rome
    Egypt
    France
    Persian empire
    Inca
    Aztec

...all fell from uncontrolled greed and corruption

Whose next?:confused_2::bongin::poke::smoking::metal:

20. What he said is pretty much right on target with what self-proclaimed liberals do. They think they're so self-righteous that if someone has views that are different, they resort to personal attacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.